I had to put my dog down today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Claire

Master Chef
I cannot believe I don't have anyone to call and cry on their shoulder about this. She was my husband's very first pet, ever. 16 years old, she travelled the world with us. It was time for her to go (as a matter of fact, hubby waited a day longer than I would have). C'est la vie. But a few tears are going down the cheeks. Her daughter was confused for a little bit, but seems OK.

Oh Claire I'm so sorry. I'm going through a grieving process too. We can use each other's "virtual" shoulders if you want.

I'm sorry to hear of the loss of a loved family member. I'm sure her quality of life and prognosis for improvement must have been bad, but that doesn't make the loss any less.

I'm so so sorry Claire!! It's so hard to let a family pet go. I'm glad that you have her baby though.
You'll always have those memories of traveling with her.

:) My dear Claire! Im so,so sorry its the hardest thing to lose a good friend it brings back the sadness of losing a few good canine friends of my own:(
Even though we know its enevitable it is never ever easy.
Rest assured that your pal is OK and waits for you.
Goodness! Im so sappy every once in while I cry years before my pets may go cause I know it will happen someday, cause I love them so much.

(((Claire)))... I am so sorry!! But just know that she had a lovely, happy life, and she is in peace now, watching over you guys from up there. Some day you guys will be reunited. It is a comfort that you still have her daughter with you... she must be feeling lonely too... be there for each other! And we are here for you!!

Claire, I'm so sorry; we're going through a similar situation with one of our dogs, and it's so very hard. Trying to remember the happy, healthy days.

My thoughts are with you Claire, I'll be facing this soon I fear..My little doxie is very fraile now and has gone from well behaved adult to untrained puppy..She is always at my side, so I know how this hurts.

kadesma:)

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. Your girl is now at the Rainbow Bridge. Our thoughts are with you.

I'm sorry, too, Claire...it is so hard to lose a pet. They bring such joy - and it's tough to say goodbye. {{hugs}}

She is now running and playing over the rainbow bridge with my Lani and Malia.

img_269886_0_e60753452b014bbd1f83f6bb2ccd2b32.jpg

Tender hugs to you, it's never easy to part with anyone (or animal) that you care deeply about. My sympathies and thoughts are with you :heart:

Thanks to all for your sentiments. We always joked that, 'though hubby and I were raised Roman Catholic, our dogs were CofE because they believe dogs go to heaven. I mean, really, anyone who has had a pet KNOWS they have souls! Emails have been coming in from all of my freinds, most of whom, scattered 'round the world that they are, knew my dog. One freind (and you'll love this, Wasabi), called her "the scourge of Mililani". This because she once tried to emasculate a nasty male dachsund (I had to wear a muumuu whenever I went near him so when he tried to bite me, he'd get a mouth full of dress, not my ankles). After my then-6-lb terrier let him know who was boss, he didn't bother us again!

Angie said:
I'm sorry to hear of your loss. Your girl is now at the Rainbow Bridge. Our thoughts are with you.

+1. She's there with all of our girls, where there are no infirmities and there are plentiful squirrels to chase.

Claire said:
Thanks to all for your sentiments. We always joked that, 'though hubby and I were raised Roman Catholic, our dogs were CofE because they believe dogs go to heaven. I mean, really, anyone who has had a pet KNOWS they have souls! Emails have been coming in from all of my freinds, most of whom, scattered 'round the world that they are, knew my dog. One freind (and you'll love this, Wasabi), called her "the scourge of Mililani". This because she once tried to emasculate a nasty male dachsund (I had to wear a muumuu whenever I went near him so when he tried to bite me, he'd get a mouth full of dress, not my ankles). After my then-6-lb terrier let him know who was boss, he didn't bother us again!
(((Claire)))
I'm so sorry to hear of the passing of your fur baby.I can still get teary eyed when I have memories of my dogs that have passed.I was raised Catholic too and every year around Christmas our parish has a blessing of the animals.One year a very "green" priest said that animals do not go to heaven as they don't have souls- the Monsignor immediately said to him "Have you ever looked into the eyes of an animal- Have you ever looked into the eyes of a pet owner?Try it- you will find that you see the Holy Spirit- you will see eternal love -you will see what Jesus promises us unconditional love and then he went onto say- if these beloved creatures DON'T have souls and DON'T go to heaven-then I have been teaching the wrong thing for 30 years and I'm not going either!!!"I will never forget this as long as I live- even when I can't remember what my own name is!!!Love and energy, Vicki

Back
Top Bottom