I Have Ordered A New Stove

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CatPat

Washing Up
DA is allowing me to redecorate my basement lair and I have begun this with the stove. The former helper to DA hates the gas stoves and put a 36-inch electric stove into it. I like it enough maybe, but I prefer the gas stove. DA has an AGA gas stove in the kitchen and I do so love this!

But Aga is very expensive so I have found this one from Sears. A neighbor wants to buy the electric stove from us and so we shall sell this to her for very cheap. It is a wonderful stove. It is a ceramic top stove with the warming burner of it. It is only five years old and it is perfect. We are selling this to her for $175.00.

Mamma has said I cannot put up photos of our home because she is very distrustful of the Internet. She said the photo of my Joy was too far of this but she said it was all right because it did not show of the house too much.

Mamma says I can take photos of my private possessions but nothing of the interior of our home nor the exterior. There is a reason for this. In Romania, should I do a posting of DA's home, people would find it and come to beg money of us. Romania is a poor country and often this happens.

I shall just post of what I am getting from the online sources. This will make Mamma happy and I will not give too much information to the Internet.

I hope I made a wise choice of a stove. It is here:

Kenmore Elite Gas Range 36 in. 75403 - Sears

With love,
~Cat

Cat, that is a gorgeous stove! Lucky you, I think you will be very happy with it!

I think so also! I do so love DA's Aga stove. I do much prefer the gas from the electric.

Thank you for to approve of it, Dawgluver. This does make me feel less worried of my choice.

What type of stove do you have?

With love,
~Cat

SIX burners? OK, I'm jealous! Happy cooking - you should have fun.

Thank you, but it is five burners. From the picture, this does look as if six.

I shall have very much fun with this and all I can learn from here!

Please do not need to be of jealous. I am jealous from all your cooking expertise! A stove does not make the cook. I am learning. We shall see if my learning of cooking justifies the stove.

And this shall be very much fun!

With love,
~Cat

:LOL: Cat, I have a GE ceramic electric, probably like the one you're selling! I like it as it's so easy to clean, a razor blade scrapes anything off, and there are no nooks or crannies for stuff to fall in.

Very excited to hear about your new lair stove!

:LOL: Cat, I have a GE ceramic electric, probably like the one you're selling! I like it as it's so easy to clean, a razor blade scrapes anything off, and there are no nooks or crannies for stuff to fall in.

Very excited to hear about your new lair stove!

Yes! This like the one we shall sell. But may I ask of the razor blades? I just put the awesome orange cleaner of it, let it soak for 20 minutes and use a non-scratching scrubber like those green ones to loosen and lift up the things that may have spilled over and burnt onto the surface.

Do you really use these razor blades? Does it harm the surface? This stove top still looks perfect. Our neighbor can not wait to get this.

I use this orange cleaner with the green scrubber and then put the Windex to it and it shines like as if it is brand new.

I did not know to use razor blades of this. Am I being wrong of this? This stove looks as if new.

With love,
~Cat

...Please do not need to be of jealous...
Ooops, I was just kidding. I'm really happy for you. Now I'd probably be jealous for sure if you had bought a gas cooktop and an electric wall oven. That's what I'd like if I ever got to do a dream kitchen. Maybe someday.

:LOL: Cat, I have a GE ceramic electric....
Pretty much the same kind here, but I think I have a Maytag? Um, I'd have to check. All I know is it works. That's good enough since our first stove (builder provided when we built the house) decided to lock the oven door about 7 years into owning. The burners still worked but in order to stop the "click-click" noise from the locking oven door we had to flip the circuit breaker every time we wanted to use it! :LOL: By the time we would have spent the money to fix it we were at least halfway to a new stove. Went with the new (unplanned) stove.

Yes! This like the one we shall sell. But may I ask of the razor blades? I just put the awesome orange cleaner of it, let it soak for 20 minutes and use a non-scratching scrubber like those green ones to loosen and lift up the things that may have spilled over and burnt onto the surface.

Do you really use these razor blades? Does it harm the surface? This stove top still looks perfect. Our neighbor can not wait to get this.

I use this orange cleaner with the green scrubber and then put the Windex to it and it shines like as if it is brand new.

I did not know to use razor blades of this. Am I being wrong of this? This stove looks as if new.

With love,
~Cat

You certainly don't need to use razor blades, Cat. The razor blade is in a handle, like a paint scraper. I also have ceramic stove cleaner solution, that you apply, then wipe off with a paper towel. I'm lazy, and the razor blade gets everything off without having to soak anything. They don't scratch, my stove is about 15 years old, and the stovetop still looks good.

Will have to look into your orange cleaner, thanks!

Last edited:
Ooops, I was just kidding. I'm really happy for you. Now I'd probably be jealous for sure if you had bought a gas cooktop and an electric wall oven. That's what I'd like if I ever got to do a dream kitchen. Maybe someday.

Pretty much the same kind here, but I think I have a Maytag? Um, I'd have to check. All I know is it works. That's good enough since our first stove (builder provided when we built the house) decided to lock the oven door about 7 years into owning. The burners still worked but in order to stop the "click-click" noise from the locking oven door we had to flip the circuit breaker every time we wanted to use it! :LOL: By the time we would have spent the money to fix it we were at least halfway to a new stove. Went with the new (unplanned) stove.

Oh I see! I do wish I have the room for this in my lair. I would like this too!
And you do like this new unplanned stove?

I am grateful for anything. To become the owner of this new stove still makes my heart thump oddly.

With love,
~Cat

You certainly don't need to use razor blades, Cat. The razor blade is in a handle, like a paint scraper. I also have ceramic stove cleaner solution, that you apply, then wipe off with a paper towel. I'm lazy, and the razor blade gets everything off without having to soak anything. They don't scratch, my stove is about 15 years old, and the stovetop still looks good.

Will have to look into your orange cleaner, thanks!

This is very nice! I hope you can maybe try it. But I have been careful of boiling over and such accidents. When these small accidents occur I take the pot off immediately of the stove and put it over the sink and to let it calm down. I turn off the burner upon the way to the sink so as not to incur further burnt damage.

With love,
~Cat

...And you do like this new unplanned stove?....

I guess. I can cook on it. :LOL: The previous stove broke a week or two before Thanksgiving a few years back and we were having company. Had to pick something serviceable quickly so I went with a reliable choice

Our house doesn't have gas, so my options were limited. Electric was the easy way; hooking up a propane stove seemed like too much trouble. When we move back to OH I should be able to use a gas stove again since natural gas is more widely available for heating and cooking.

I guess. I can cook on it. :LOL: The previous stove broke a week or two before Thanksgiving a few years back and we were having company. Had to pick something serviceable quickly so I went with a reliable choice

Our house doesn't have gas, so my options were limited. Electric was the easy way; hooking up a propane stove seemed like too much trouble. When we move back to OH I should be able to use a gas stove again since natural gas is more widely available for heating and cooking.

Oh I see. But the electric is very nice! I only wanted to make the change of gas because for a very dumb new cook as I, I did like DA's gas stove better than for the electric. It seems to be much easier for one who is not very smart of cooking.

I do hope you shall get your nice gas stove which you want. In this meantime, I will try to prove to be worthy of this new stove.

I know I must earn what I have, so I shall try to do very well!

With love,
~Cat

Oh I see. But the electric is very nice! I only wanted to make the change of gas because for a very dumb new cook as I, I did like DA's gas stove better than for the electric. It seems to be much easier for one who is not very smart of cooking.

Oh, I don't know about that! I love my gas stove and I think I'm pretty smart of cooking! ;) Most good cooks I know prefer gas because it responds more quickly when you adjust the flame, so you have more control.

Oh, I don't know about that! I love my gas stove and I think I'm pretty smart of cooking! ;) Most good cooks I know prefer gas because it responds more quickly when you adjust the flame, so you have more control.

Yes, I like this of the gas stove. You are very, very smart of cooking! My stove will be here on Tuesday. On Monday, two nice men of the HOA will be here to move the electric stove away.

I am very excited of this! DA is happy also.

With love,
~Cat

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom