I have to brag on my wonderful hubby!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ps8

Senior Cook
Don't mind me: just need to do a bit of braggin'! July 1st was our 5-year wedding anniversary! He arranged for his mother to watch our kids, and he took me to The Gaylord Texan Resort in Grapevine, TX for the night. It was wonderful! First, there was sparkling cider and chocolate covered strawberries in our room when we arrived. Then we ate at the steakhouse at the resort – does it get better than really good dead cow? We had some awesome cheeses to begin with: Rabiola Italy, Hoda Ybrig (sp?) & Manchego. And with the cheese they served pecan halves that were slightly sweetened, dried mangoes and some heavenly sun dried Italian cherries. Then the steak arrived, and there just aren’t words to describe how good it was. Strolling thru the atrium was a perfect ending to our evening. The atrium is made to give the appearance and feeling that you are outside. Saturday, DH went & picked up my two boys (13 & 15, his step-son’s), brought them back to the hotel and they all went swimming in the really nifty pool until checkout time. The staff was friendly, the building is stunning, the rooms are lovely, the choice of eateries is very Texas oriented, but diverse nonetheless – overall, it was just marvelous! But that’s not all. My 13 DS really wanted to shoot off our own fireworks this year, so Sunday we went to my dad’s, made ice cream, went out to his pasture, having picked up fireworks on the way, and had our own fireworks show. It was a little too windy to do much, but DH made sure the DS had a good time. Monday, we came back and then hung out at our neighborhood pool with DH’s family for the evening. All in all, a very busy weekend, but one of the best! I know I am one of the most blessed women on earth to have such a remarkable husband! I hope everyone had a fun, safe and satisfying weekend!

I've been to the Gaylord in Orlando - I KNOW you had a wonderful time - they are beautiful resorts.

I can only imagine how wonderfully satisfied you feel to have the family you do.

Thanks for sharing your wonderful time with us..You are a lucky lady..I'm glad you had a wonderful time. Kudo's to your DH

kadesma

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom