I just lost my job!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
BIL just came and told me that me and my oldest are gone after next week.
I wish he would have told me yesterday before I went and got the car!!!!!
Just us!!! I wondered why my sister left early!!! Chicken $%@*!!!!!!!!!:censored:
What makes me mad, it has nothing to do with our work. We're the only ones that other people know how to do our work and he can safely let us go without hurting his precious crappy company!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That sucks! But.... it opens the door to a bigger better happier nicer job. Good luck!

Holy cow tg, that is pretty harsh. And your sister didn't even hang in there to soften the blow? Yikes.

Their loss though. You will find another job and they will miss you a lot.

Everything always happens for a reason.
No doubt this happened at the right time for you, as your new career is sick of waiting for you.

Best thing is you are such a people-person! You'll soar at whatever you do!

oh - and another thing. Smack BIL upside the head next time you see him for all of us.

I'm sorry Texas, that's a lousy thing to do to you.As for your sis, I have one too and boy would she be in big trouble had she done something like this to me.Silly people have no idea what they have just given up..All I can say is big and better things will come your way..In the end, they will be sorry. You will be the big winner, heck you are already!!!

kadesma

I really hope that all of you are right! As far as me being a people person, hehe, only in writing. I'm actually very shy. It's hard for me to start talking to people.
I don't know for sure, that sis knew, but, she had to. It's their company and she knew that the company is going under.
The highest paid ones stay. That is what gets me. I make $9.50 an hour.
Everyone else, makes over $12. And I'm the one that got canned!! The son knows the vinyl though, sisters son, not BIL's. The others are BIL's brothers, sister, my niece and then 3 that are not blood related,but, have been there a while. I'm glad that he is at least keeping my youngest since he just got a new truck, but, he's putting in apps everywhere, because we don't see the company going much further, or at least, I hope it doesn't!!!!!!! I did at least get him to agree to give son severence as he would have been there a year June and get a weeks paid vacation. I told him that since he never bothered to give him a raise that he deserved, that was the least he could do since minimum wage is only $5.15 here.
Thank you for all your well wishes, it will help me get through the next week!!

And jkath, he will definately get some words that he has never heard from me before!! Sis might also.

Last edited:
texas - i'm so sorry! What a lowthing for BIL and your sis to do...sometimes it doesn't seem to work out well when family or close friends work together. I agree with everyone else - something better will come your way! {{hugs}} to you! :heart:

Thank you everyone! Seems like a lot of drama this way lately LOL. I'm glad that ya'll let me get it off my chest, I really do appreciate it!!!

TG, I just saw this and am so sorry. Hope you get something much better very soon and not with a family member. I would have to stay away from my sister for a while if that happened to me (for their good). Good luck!

Oh, TG, I"m so sorry! It's rotten enough to lose a job but to have your BIL and sis handle it that way is just adding salt to the wound. I hope you find something that makes you much happier soon--you deserve it! {{big hugs{{

TG, can you get ahold of a Goat or Cow that you can leave in his living room?

You'd have to muzzle the goat so it don't eat the couch, you don't want to ruin the whole room... just the carpets. :mrgreen:

Perhaps pin a note to it's neck suggesting a Goat Roast. As in "Fire THIS M$#@! F*^%$#!" :LOL:

~ Raven ~

(((TG)))I really believe things happen for a reason and having gotten to know you I know you will find something much better-you know what they say about family- you can't pick 'em!!!!I'll be rootin' for you!!!Love and energy, Vicki

That stinks, TG! Sorry to hear it! Maybe working for relatives is not always the best way to go. Grrrrr. Hoping something better will come along.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom