I just spoke with Katie E.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah!! We've finally got our power back!! Fortunately we never opened our chest freezer either, we also put a big blanket over it. The refrigerators in the house and garage were only opened minimally. The freezers not at all. I also put a cooler with ice in the garage for juices, milk, beer and pop so we wouldn't constantly be opening the frig. It's really hard to cook though by candle light. lol
I just hope it stays on now.

Barb

My father stopped out today and said there were still 1000 customers in Erie without electric. We get our share of wind and ice storms up here, but I don't recall a huricane still being that strong by the time it gets this far north. Usually it just rains non-stop for a day.

Its amazing to me that this storm got up to the midwest so fast and was still so strong!!
I mean, really, a hurricaine in Michigan? Ohio?
Craziness!
Nothing like that ever gets here.... they just stop our weather in time for a few days til they move out.
Glad everyone is on the mend.

Still over 1,000 in the Cleveland area without power. Most should be restored by tomorrow, but in some cases not until Sunday. Some schools are still closed too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom