I just spoke with Katie E.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kitchenelf

Chef Extraordinaire
...and she has weathered the storm (Ike) but has no power. Her property is intact though there is a lot of debris. Her county has been declared a disaster area. She just wanted to tell everyone she was fine.

How did everyone else pull through?

Where is she? I thought she lived in Kentucky.

We just got lots of rain and high winds. Never even lost power here. Thankfully, it went more east than originally predicted, so, we didn't get the main part of the storms.

Where is she? I thought she lived in Kentucky.

We just got lots of rain and high winds. Never even lost power here. Thankfully, it went more east than originally predicted, so, we didn't get the main part of the storms.

You thought right texasgirl!!!!! The storm is now headed northeast. Middie will be affected I feel sure, she's on Lake Erie, western New York is supposed to take a hit - Ike is a "big boy" and on a mission!

Last edited:
I didn't even realize it was still going!! Poor Katie, give her my love and let her know I'm thinking of her!!

had high winds here, no rain which we desperately need. The rain went way north of me...apparently the big power plant lost power for over 300,000 folks(AEP), our little rural electification unit kept the lights lit. Trust me, that is the first time that has ever happened.

Glad to know Katie is safe. I hope her neighbors help with the clean up. Dh is out as I type looking for trees down on the fence

Ugh.. I had no clue! We got a bit of wind and minimal rain from IKE, it still looked pretty strong when it was going through Oklahoma... but like Texasgirl, I had no clue.

I thought Ike came through last night, when we had the monster winds. Did it circle around? It's finally getting nicer where I live. I didn't really think of it affecting anyone once it got away from the gulf states... Glad Katie's OK.

I thought Ike came through last night, when we had the monster winds. Did it circle around? It's finally getting nicer where I live. I didn't really think of it affecting anyone once it got away from the gulf states... Glad Katie's OK.

ahhhh - I bet it did - it hit in Katie's neck of the woods yesterday afternoon. So you, last night, makes sense.

I'm in Ohio too! ;)We had our power out for about a total of 4 hrs, The fence next door to me that goes the length of a park we have next to us was completely leveled! I didn't even think to check around my property to see if there was any damage....lol I woke up this morning to find all my screens to my house stacked up on my door step! Someone must have collected them for me and brought them back! :LOL: Didn't even know they were gone!:blush::blush: First big wind storm, and new 1st time home owner!! Thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it!!

You guys all need to move to Seattle. We are safe here...wet maybe but safe!!!

I'm in Ohio too! ;)We had our power out for about a total of 4 hrs, The fence next door to me that goes the length of a park we have next to us was completely leveled! I didn't even think to check around my property to see if there was any damage....lol I woke up this morning to find all my screens to my house stacked up on my door step! Someone must have collected them for me and brought them back! :LOL: Didn't even know they were gone!:blush::blush: First big wind storm, and new 1st time home owner!! Thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it!!

Glad nothing more happened! LOL - you didn't need to worry anyway - got a good night's sleep!!!!! You have nice neighbors, that's for sure!

That must have been one strong drink you were sipping on Dee!:angel:

It came through here yesterday morning, and we had a mess too...not so much rain, but the wind howled like a banshee. There are lots of trees down, smashed cars and houses, and power outages.
The wind took the top out of one of our ancient oak trees, but we were lucky compared with many.
I'm glad to hear Katie's OK...I didn't realize it hit Kentucky that hard.

we had wind gusts up to 75 mph here in the Cincinnati area. We lost our electric for about 4 hours and we had a tree go down. Lots of sticks and branches to pick up but we fared better than alot of our neighbors (who lost roofs and in some cases big sections of their siding). We just had wind, no rain. It was a strange storm.

Back
Top Bottom