I need advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What a special person you are GB, You did the right thing...I hope all goes well for you your wife and that beautiful child...Prayers will be sent.

kadesma

OK here is the update. My parents came over last Friday evening. It went pretty much as I had expected it would. Mom claimed I said things I did not say and claimed she did not say things she said. I knew this would happen as she has done this my whole life. It was a very civil conversation though and we got a lot of things out in the open. She understands what she did was wrong and promised to never do anything like that again. My wife was able to bring up some things that she has been holding in for a while and felt a million times better after the conversation.

Since that discussion we have actually spend a lot of time with her due to my grandparents being here for a visit and also the Jewish holidays. Mom has made an obvious effort to respect our wishes and all the things we discussed. We all feel much better about what went down and things are back to normal.

For the people who suggested that we not write things in a note, we brought that up and mom said she absolutely needs these things in a note. It helps her to remember what needs to be done she does not take it as an insult at all, quite the contrary.

I am glad this is now behind us! :)

I'm sure it's a relief to all of you to have moved on from here. I'm happy for you, GB. I know from experience how these things can fester if they're not addressed so I'm thrilled that you guys are close enough that you were able to talk it out. Just in time for the holidays, too! Probably having to spend more time with them than normal because of your grandparents visiting has been a good thing, too. :)

That's great, GB. You must feel so much relief now that that's behind you. I'm glad you were able to deal with it (I knew you would) and enjoy the holiday with your parents and grandparents.

That's good GB - I wouldn't mind a list either about certain things - especially the daily routine stuff until I got used to it and maybe a list of foods she has tried and been ok with - that one can just be added to as necessary. Gosh, it sounds like I'm coming to babysit a couple days a week too! :)

Sorry

I am so sorry to hear of this trouble. I place myself in this scenario and only hope I can be a big enough person to do as well as you have. When it is your own mother it is not easy. You have to realize this is for your child and not to intimidate your mom about her capability but allow you to be open about what you want. Both of you love the baby and that is what matters. This is the first incident so I know she will honor your request. She wouldn't want to give the baby up. Give your mom credit for taking time to listen. Anything can be worked out if you open your heart and listen. Good luck in the days ahead.

Most families have issues of some kind at one time or another (if they are honest). If we keep in mind what the right thing is for each other, we probably won't go far astray. This includes kids, grandkids, spouses, you name it. I don't mean the way I want it, I mean the RIGHT thing.

Back
Top Bottom