I noticed that Heinz has SHRUNK the 40-ounce...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kleenex

Master Chef
bottle of Ketchup down to 38 ounces and also has a new bottle shape as well.

I think this change happened like last month.

It seems to be the way things go. Reducing the quantity is more palatable than increasing the price. Besides, they can hope no one will notice.

I picked up a bottle the other day in a new shape. I just looked and it's 20 oz. That's perfect for me. I don't go through a lot of ketchup. Plus it's a "low boy" and fits on my refrigerator door shelf nicely. One thing I noticed right off was the no-drip squeeze spout. Sweet.

Everything is shrinking. A half gallon of ice cream is 1.5 quarts. A pound of many things is 14 ounces. Even bacon comes in 12 and 14 oz. Even the Columbia Supremo coffee at Costco has gone from 3 pounds to 2 pounds.

What has not shrunk is the size of the package.

Myself, I would rather bite the bullet and pay the higher price for a pound or gallon of something rather than suspect that someone thinks I am too dumb to notice.

Along this same thought, I find I get a lot more air and a lot less chips in the bags nowadays. =o(

Along this same thought, I find I get a lot more air and a lot less chips in the bags nowadays. =o(

You have to go by the weight on the bag. Chip makers fill the chip bag with nitrogen gas to protect the chips from being crushed. The nitrogen also protects freshness.

It happens over here too...the size of bottles and jars get smaller, they whack a new label on them and the price goes up :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom