I purchased a grill today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amber

Executive Chef
Ok, I'm no expert in grilling. My last grill was a table top weber type thing. So this one has legs, an upper warming grill, and and a side tray for :chef: holding plates etc. Ok so it was from Walmart for $60, but I like it. I'm just glad it was warm enough up here to grill!:)

mudbug said:
kewl, amber. have fun experimenting!

Thanks mudbug. I just made a london broil on it. Had to experiement with the vents and getting my temp just right, but it worked out great.

amber said:
Ok, I'm no expert in grilling. My last grill was a table top weber type thing. So this one has legs, an upper warming grill, and and a side tray for :chef: holding plates etc. Ok so it was from Walmart for $60, but I like it. I'm just glad it was warm enough up here to grill!:)
Heck Amber what you paid for the grill really makes no difference. We had a party for my s-i-l, did some grilled hot dogs and burgers on his beat up old grill, the next door neighbor, hung over the fence bragging about HIS grill, why he paid $800.00 for it, so I said hey bring it over and lets give it a go. He did,, guess what the darn burgers and dogs tasted the same off both grills:LOL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO: Enjoy your new purchase and your great food...
kadesma:)

Thanks Kadesma! I think your right, there really isnt much difference between the expensive ones vs cheaper versions. I prefer charcoal to gas/propane. I saw smokers in Walmart too, but have no clue how to use those. My next experiment I guess:ermm: :LOL:

Congrats amber. You will get a ton of enjoyment out of your new grill. There actually can be a difference in grills that you pay a lot for and less expensive grills, but usually they are not differences that will affect your food. Most of the difference comes in the durability and workmanship. Since you got yours for such a great price, if you need to replace it after a few years (not that you will) then it won't be a big deal.

GB said:
Congrats amber. You will get a ton of enjoyment out of your new grill. There actually can be a difference in grills that you pay a lot for and less expensive grills, but usually they are not differences that will affect your food. Most of the difference comes in the durability and workmanship. Since you got yours for such a great price, if you need to replace it after a few years (not that you will) then it won't be a big deal.

So true, the food is the same, but eventually the workmanship and durability does come into play. I had the table top weber for about 10 years:LOL: , and finally one leg broke from corrosion, but for the price, that was a bargain. It think that one cost maybe $30.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom