I see that the Food Inc. Documentary will air on PBS....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the notice. I have it set to record. It is on at 9 PM and I'm in bed by then.

I saw the documentary and thought it was nicely produced.

The amount of new information you learned though was not much which disappointed me a bit.

I still would give this documentary a medium sized thumbs up.

It did leave me to some questions though???

Like what is the real difference to using a dark closed and ventilated chicken shack vrs the more open aired one we got to see in the documentary???

so it is okay to grow an obese chicken that can hardly walk???

I saw it. IMHO it was far from a documentary.

I don't raise chix, but I'm guess'n that a dark and well ventilated area is good so the birds don't get up and walk around as much?

The chix aren't obese, that would mean they are fat. We all know meat is very lean these days, also lack'n flavor, imho.(not like the good ol days, eh? :mrgreen:)

I found it interesting that they showed only the crippled birds. I do know a bit about animals. There is a certain percent that will have defects, same as the natural world. Notice they never showed the very healthy birds?

It was more of a 2hr advert, imho. But it is good to watch it and do some learn'n on your own about where your food comes from. Fresh and local as often as you can, imho.

POV - Food, Inc. . Watch <em><strong>Food, Inc.</strong></em> Online | PBS

Watch it for FREE until the 29th of April 2010.

The chix aren't obese, that would mean they are fat. We all know meat is very lean these days, also lack'n flavor, imho.(not like the good ol days, eh? :mrgreen:)

They had one shot where they showed a chicken breast from like 30 years vrs one from today. Their was a major size difference.

When you grow chickens that big and so young the legs are not going to be fully able to support the weight they are caring. That to me makes them obese even if they are not fatty

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom