I Shaved My Beard

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
After about 2 or 2.5 years of having a beard I finally decided it was time for a change. Yesterday, without consulting my wife, I shaved it off. Needless to say she was quite surprised.

The funny thing is now she says the baby does not look like me anymore. How weird is that. My baby girl looked more like me when I had a beard then when I didn't.

That is the problem with being a photographer. I am always behind the camera, not in front of it.

My wife is scared to use this camera as it is my (relatively) new one and she is nervous she will damage it. I will see if I can get her to overcome that fear though, at least for one picture.

I basically now look like this (just not yellow) ------> :)

GB said:
That is the problem with being a photographer. I am always behind the camera, not in front of it.

My wife is scared to use this camera as it is my (relatively) new one and she is nervous she will damage it. I will see if I can get her to overcome that fear though, at least for one picture.

I basically now look like this (just not yellow) ------> :)

:LOL: so do you have tanlines too? :ermm: it wouldn't be a 5 o'clock shadow but a ___________________ shadow???:ermm:

Congrats! I did the same thing last year. Went from past the shoulder length hair, and a full beard, both very well maintained, to crew cut and clean shaven. My boss didn't even recognize me, and my mom cried, which looking back I hope that was a good thing?

My mom didn't even notice Tattrat. We dropped the baby off with her today (she babysits for us on Mondays) and her attention was completely on the baby, not on me LOL.

well thats a good thing

GB said:
My mom didn't even notice Tattrat. We dropped the baby off with her today (she babysits for us on Mondays) and her attention was completely on the baby, not on me LOL.

well she is focusing on the baby is a good thing. i love beards can't get
my husband to grow his back. he says they are itchy and hot, 104 here
in kansas city today.

GB said:
...The funny thing is now she says the baby does not look like me anymore. How weird is that. My baby girl looked more like me when I had a beard then when I didn't.

Maybe you can get the baby to shave too.:LOL: :LOL:

GB said:
After about 2 or 2.5 years of having a beard I finally decided it was time for a change. Yesterday, without consulting my wife, I shaved it off. Needless to say she was quite surprised.

The funny thing is now she says the baby does not look like me anymore. How weird is that. My baby girl looked more like me when I had a beard then when I didn't.

Congradulations! Now you have skin as smooth as your baby's bottom :LOL:
Do you like it better without the beard?

Well I am still getting used to it. I never found my beard to be itchy or hot so I am not finding any benefit like that yet.

I go through phases with my beard. I get sick and tired of shaving so I grow a beard. Then I eventually need a change again so off it comes. Right now I am enjoying feeling the smooth skin. It is also fun seeing the reastion of my co-workers when they see me for the first time without it.

One of my brothers goes through his spurts and grows his and then will shave it off. I only see him twice a year (he lives out of state) so I never know which one will show up......:LOL: . He's handsome either way but I do think he looks younger without it.

Yeah I had the beard when she was born. I had planned on keeping it until she was at least old enough to converse, but I just couldn't hold out.

She was asleep when I did it so when she woke up I went into her room to get her. She looked at me funny for about a half second, but then looked at me normal.

I am sure it was just a coincidence, but Rachel and I had a special bonding day yesterday. I am sure it had nothing to do with the beard, but you never do know.

I have reverted to a very maintained pseudo beard for the summer. I hate razor burn, it burns like H*** and makes my neck look like I was attacked by a wild animal.

Yeah I hate razor burn too and I also can't stand shaving every day. My beard grows so fast that I have 5 o'clock shadow by about 11am lol.

Men never shock me when they grow their beards. Obviously, because they're growing them so slowly I hardly notice how much their looks are changing. I think it would be nice if you guys clipped them slowly too instead of shaving them all off in one sitting just for shock value.

Back
Top Bottom