I think I've found my affordable solution!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We all prioritize according to needs... <sigh>

But I bet if I had that cute vehicle, I could probably scare up a girlfriend or two :)

Now you've got me thinking!

Bob

We all prioritize according to needs... <sigh>

But I bet if I had that cute vehicle, I could probably scare up a girlfriend or two :)

Now you've got me thinking!

Bob
I'm glad my work is done here :)

Anyways, I'm just wondering what I will have to cut out of my life to be able to afford my apartment? Will I be able to transfer to CMU.EDU next year? Will I be able to buy supplies, and get top notch ingredients like I have been doing for my cooking pursuit, My mom going to come over this weekend with a calcutor and find out how much I will have to pay them each moth along with the rent, eletric, food bill, class supplies, and so on.

It's going to be really tight budget but if I want a girlfriend/wife I will need to think hard about it.

Chile Chef - It's easy for me to offer advice, as that time of my life is past. My two sons were lucky enough to not have to worry about costs as tuition and books were paid for by mom & dad, they just had to work to pay for their lifestyle.

It's too bad you don't have that option, but you could consider it both an opportunity and a challenge. Nothing wrong at all with working your way through college. That includes learning how to budget, etc.

Believe it or not, the kind of gal you want for long term will be much more impressed with your life skills being honed for the future now, then the frat boys. If the ones you'd like to date prefer the frat boys, they are not worth your time.

Better yet, get into doing the right things for your future and focus on you. I bet it wont be long before the nice girls come flocking. When you find the one you want to impress, come back and post for suggestions... we will have a ton of them for you.

Bob

Chile Chef - It's easy for me to offer advice, as that time of my life is past. My two sons were lucky enough to not have to worry about costs as tuition and books were paid for by mom & dad, they just had to work to pay for their lifestyle.

It's too bad you don't have that option, but you could consider it both an opportunity and a challenge. Nothing wrong at all with working your way through college. That includes learning how to budget, etc.

Believe it or not, the kind of gal you want for long term will be much more impressed with your life skills being honed for the future now, then the frat boys. If the ones you'd like to date prefer the frat boys, they are not worth your time.

Better yet, get into doing the right things for your future and focus on you. I bet it wont be long before the nice girls come flocking. When you find the one you want to impress, come back and post for suggestions... we will have a ton of them for you.

Bob
That's what I'm doing now, I like to become weegee, Adam Ansil Clone, I can deal with not going out with the ladies for a while, Although I wouldn't mind them coming along for shooting and being friends first.

I will see what I can do, I think transportation in my life is very inportant right now instead of finding a gal, The gals I like to date would be skinny for once, I don't mean Barby ball doll skinny, but more like 150 or less.

Chile Chef - Trust me and my life knowledge. A nice young man that can cook, balance his checkbook, and doesn't have a huge debt on graduation?

You will have the opportunity for the nice ladies to meet you. Just don't try too hard. The nice ones will be looking for you. Also, don't let on the weight is even a concept. Even the ones you marry will hold a grudge if you point out that you "both" could stand a bit more exercise. A life lesson on this for you? Never measure anyone by what's on the out side. It's what's on the inside that counts. The outside can always be changed with enough incentive, the inside can't be.

I like the buggy car though... that should earn you a few points. Every one likes or respects people slightly out of norm, and following their own path.

Individuality is a good thing. In other words, don't be anyone's clone. Like yourself, take care of your self, and you'll soon have a sphere of friends male and female that will boost the rest of your life.

Jeez.. I'm starting to feel old now that I give this type advice :)

Bob

Chile Chef - Trust me and my life knowledge. A nice young man that can cook, balance his checkbook, and doesn't have a huge debt on graduation?

You will have the opportunity for the nice ladies to meet you. Just don't try too hard. The nice ones will be looking for you. Also, don't let on the weight is even a concept. Even the ones you marry will hold a grudge if you point out that you "both" could stand a bit more exercise. A life lesson on this for you? Never measure anyone by what's on the out side. It's what's on the inside that counts. The outside can always be changed with enough incentive, the inside can't be.

I like the buggy car though... that should earn you a few points. Every one likes or respects people slightly out of norm, and following their own path.

Individuality is a good thing. In other words, don't be anyone's clone. Like yourself, take care of your self, and you'll soon have a sphere of friends male and female that will boost the rest of your life.

Jeez.. I'm starting to feel old now that I give this type advice :)

Bob
Well your advice seems sound Bob, but I never judge anyone unless you stab me int he back 3 times, I give everyone 3 chances, If they don't shape up until the third chance then they're out.

I've been dating 200-300 ladies all my life, For once I would love to date a lady that's actually skinnier then I am. I'm a 200 pound full of fat guy. Anyways I'm hoping college will produce a lot of friends at least and a lot of knowledge in photography.

Thanks a lot for your advice Bob.

Lol... I'm in a phase of life right now that I can only give, and not take.

I'm glad you need no advice :) But you are right in assuming it was sound... let me go dotter off and mumble to myself now ...

If you are going to do the campus thing vs. commute, have you considered using a bike? I recently bought a new one, and am trying to enjoy it. I made a smart choice in getting a "comfort"/mountain bike. Both the fork and the seat have suspension, the the bike doesn't weigh too much, was inexpensive and rides well on streets, gravel roads, and hard packed trails. Here's what i bought (but paid $160 for at the local Meijer store) : Amazon.com: Schwinn Coronado Men's Comfort Bike (26-Inch Wheels, Silver/Royal Blue): Sports & Outdoors I did change the saddle though for one more comfortable.

Bob

Lol... I'm in a phase of life right now that I can only give, and not take.

I'm glad you need no advice :) But you are right in assuming it was sound... let me go dotter off and mumble to myself now ...

If you are going to do the campus thing vs. commute, have you considered using a bike? I recently bought a new one, and am trying to enjoy it. I made a smart choice in getting a "comfort"/mountain bike. Both the fork and the seat have suspension, the the bike doesn't weigh too much, was inexpensive and rides well on streets, gravel roads, and hard packed trails. Here's what i bought (but paid $160 for at the local Meijer store) : Amazon.com: Schwinn Coronado Men's Comfort Bike (26-Inch Wheels, Silver/Royal Blue): Sports & Outdoors I did change the saddle though for one more comfortable.

Bob
I did make that choice a while back Bob, I've purchased an electric road bike I can charge up and it's good to go 18 miles round trip, but here's my situation? I need something a little stronger and safer where I can carry a camera bag that waights about 50 pounds when all the camera gear is in it. The bike I have now is only for a max weight of 245 pounds and I would acceed that weight with the camera bag, portfolio, tripod and I think that would be too much to carry for it.

Here's a few pictures of the bike I've purchased during the spring time!

528711183_xYtWy-X3.jpg

499434730_JkpEe-X3.jpg

499434883_2yEME-X3.jpg

Well, I certainly can't say the 50 lb bag wouldn't be consideration. I weigh about 220, but I never really considered being too heavy for the bike, or carry a 50 lb bag. I don't know that I'd do an electric, as that negates the reason why I bought mine. I would like to lose between 20 ~ 40 lbs to get back to my high school years. Not for looks, but just the feel good factor. I don't know that I'd want to carry the hefty a bag though :) I might want to get the motorcycle that's been in the garage a while out and use that.

But just as an FYI for anyone interested, the bike I gave the URL to is about the best bang for buck you can get these days for a comfortable bike to get some exercise on. I know cause I do research on those type purchases before I buy anything. I wouldn't necessarily buy from the link I gave, but it's a starting point for those considering a bike purchase.

Bob

Every house should be good looking and decorative from its interior as well as exterior. Most of the people concentrate more on their interior rather than the exterior which is an equally essential requirement. Beautifully painted home, nice design of windows and doors , garden area and good looking Garden shed is the must to make the exterior of your house look good. By bringing quality to the exterior one can give a unique look to its house.
Could you elaberate more on this message? It doesn't make sense to me, Thanks Derek.

Well, I certainly can't say the 50 lb bag wouldn't be consideration. I weigh about 220, but I never really considered being too heavy for the bike, or carry a 50 lb bag. I don't know that I'd do an electric, as that negates the reason why I bought mine. I would like to lose between 20 ~ 40 lbs to get back to my high school years. Not for looks, but just the feel good factor. I don't know that I'd want to carry the hefty a bag though :) I might want to get the motorcycle that's been in the garage a while out and use that.

But just as an FYI for anyone interested, the bike I gave the URL to is about the best bang for buck you can get these days for a comfortable bike to get some exercise on. I know cause I do research on those type purchases before I buy anything. I wouldn't necessarily buy from the link I gave, but it's a starting point for those considering a bike purchase.

Bob
I'm 200 pounds and the reason I've chosen an electric bike over a pedal bike is do to my pacemaker and my heart, I didn't want to try to pedal for 2 miles and have a heart attack on the road, That would be very very bad!

Is that thing street-legal? I'd check with your state's DMV before laying out the bucks. If you can't register it, you can't drive it. And registration isn't free, either.

Also, what about the rain?

And (just to sound even more like a father) you get hit in that thing and you won't need to worry about your pacemaker!

I think I speak for all of DC is saying we don't want you to either :)

Bob
HI Bob, All I know the gentleman or the lady was talking about houses and not cars, LOL!

Is that thing street-legal? I'd check with your state's DMV before laying out the bucks. If you can't register it, you can't drive it. And registration isn't free, either.

Also, what about the rain?

And (just to sound even more like a father) you get hit in that thing and you won't need to worry about your pacemaker!
I've read more on the this unit Scotch, And it does have a roof that fits in the trunk for easy storage and why wouldn't it be legal here in Mi? If it has the full criteria of of a full blown shooter it should be good!

By the way everyone, My mom helped me and showed me how to check my finances to see if I can get this unit and it looks like I can.

Anyways if I cut tv, and only buy food that I need, and the supplies for school I will be able to pay my folks $110 a month for every month and still live on my own, I will be able to do stuff as well, And I'm in the mist for getting a job either from college, or from the paper.

But I will not be able to buy this unit until 2 months and then winter will set in.

By the way everyone, My mom helped me and showed me how to check my finances to see if I can get this unit and it looks like I can.

Anyways if I cut tv, and only buy food that I need, and the supplies for school I will be able to pay my folks $110 a month for every month and still live on my own, I will be able to do stuff as well, And I'm in the mist for getting a job either from college, or from the paper.

But I will not be able to buy this unit until 2 months and then winter will set in.

Hey, if mom says it's okay, it's got ta be okay, right :) Mom does pay the bills at home though right?

Bob

Chile Chef - Learning to budget is a good thing. I know, my wife is an accountant, and she basically took over our monthly finances, so I'm just learning how to budget for my self in some respects (we married early).

Bob

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom