I was taken by surprise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Addie

Chef Extraordinaire
Yesterday afternoon I rode up to Rite Aid on my scooter to pick up Pirate's script for Gabapentin. There were signs all over the pharmacy in large black bold letters informing the public that affective August 1, 2017 Gabapentin was being placed on the list as an opioid. It seems that this drug has become the drug of choice on the street. If you can't get heroin, then this is their next choice.

I have been on this drug for more than ten years. It has never occurred to me to abuse them. I am prescribed two 400 G. three times a day. There are many days when I don't take what is prescribed for me. And I was totally unaware that you could get high on them.

When I came home, I told Pirate under no circumstances is he to let any of his friends know that I take them along with the Vicodin. I have on occasion seen unknown folks wandering the hallway. When asked who they are looking for, they can't come up with a name and make a made dash for the door. We also have some residents who get their meds through the mail. There have been a couple of times when someone will wait for a resident coming in, walk in behind that person and see the package there and steal it. So when I see a package there, I deliver it to the resident.

I don't know why I was so surprised about placing this drug on the list. It had to happen eventually. I had to show my ID and sign for it along with my address and phone number. It is the same procedure I go through when I have mine delivered to my door. But then I just have to sign for them.

So if any of you are on Gabapentin, be prepared. The rules have changed.

For your own safety, I can't understand why you would discuss on an open forum, what drugs you have in your home. You've sure been around long enough to know the dangers of the internet by now Addie.

Back
Top Bottom