I will be missing for a while...I think

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corazon

Executive Chef
Native New Mexican, now live in Bellingham, WA
For the last 6+ months, we've been planning a road trip from Bellingham, Wa to where we grew up in Santa Fe, NM. We are supposed to leave next week but because of Katrina, we aren't sure if we are going to go after all.

I'm torn. I'd really like to see my family and go camping and hiking but it doesn't really seem logical. I gave my notice at work and DH has 7 weeks vacation starting Wed, we don't know what to do.

If we decide to go, I'll be away from DC for a while, and will touch base with you all while I can. I'm going to miss coming here every day (sometimes two or three times a day).

Corazon,

If you take your trip, we all will miss you...You do what you have to and enjoy your vacation and like Kaylinda said, touch base with us and let us know what you're doing and eating and all the good stuff..The rest of us will all sit here and wish we were in your shoes:LOL:
hugs
kadesma:)

Go!! Have fun and we'll be right here waiting for you
when you get back.

Be safe and have fun, Pictures are a given when you are out of town we would like you to share when you get back. We will be looking for you !:)

Have a wonderful time and travel safely, if you decide to go! Enjoy this last big trip before the baby comes. We'll all be waiting for your return! :)

Corazon, you go and see your family!! Family is the most important thing in our lives. You go and have fun and tell us all about it when you get back, unless you can sneak away and get to someone pc while your there:)

Corazon - hope you can go on your trip. It sounds like fun!! We'll all be right here when you get back - and the great thing is you can read every word we said while you were away :LOL:
ENJOY!!! and be safe...

corazon please go. you deserve a vacation. we'll all be here when you get back.
just check in every now and then to let us know how you're doing.

Go, go, GO!!! It will cost a little more (gas), but if you wait for the perfect time to experience life, then live will pass you by and you'll be left with a pocket full of "what ifs". Do it.

Right now I'm writing a column for my little local paper about our years on the road. Every time I step out of the house, total strangers approach me and say "I always wanted to travel, and you did it for me." Most of them are older folk who've lived in a very small town all of their lives. The glossy travel magazines don't do it for them (to be honest with you, I love them, but it's fantasy island --- I'll never stay in a 4-star resort with hot and cold running servants). But my little column about seeing the USA in a pick-up truck and trailer is something they can identify with.

So ... as the Nike ads used to say, just do it. There are so many ways to cut corners to make up for the gas prices. Just yell and I can tell you a bunch of them!

Well, we're supposed to leave the day after tomorrow but I still don't know if we're going yet. We talked about it a few days ago and didn't come to a decision and now I think we are both avoiding talking about it because we know we won't be going. It's the logical thing to do. We couldn't afford the trip before Katrina hit, let alone now.

What are we supposed to do for the next 5 weeks? DH has plenty of things he can be doing but I will probably just end up being bored. Too bad I already had my last day at work, I could have worked for another month at least. I was really looking forward to this trip, and with another kiddo on the way, who knows when we will be able to do this again? DH isn't really close to his family like I am, so I think he doesn't have much reason to go (aside from getting green chile).:(

Oh well...we still have a trip to Hawaii to look forward to but that is completely different than going home to see family and peeling, jarring and eating green chile.

Could you just take a few days and go camping some where around home? Washington has so many beautiful places. Or you could go to Vancouver for a few days. There are wonderful things to do there....

pdswife said:
Hey Corazon, did you and hubby decide to do anything
with your vacation days??

Well vacation officially began yesterday so we haven't decided what we will be doing the next few weeks. We will probably stay put for most of it. The fire dept has sent some guys to Katrina so my husband will be spending some of the vacation doing overtime to fill the gaps. If he wants the overtime we need to be close by. Who knows? Right now, it's just nice being able to have dinner with him two nights in a row.

Speaking of dinner, one thing I know we will be doing this vacation, is going out on a date. We can't usually afford it, but we have over $100 in change and after we cash it in, we will go out for a nice meal just the two (well, three if you count my kicking belly) of us.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom