Ichiro

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sprout

Sous Chef
I can't believe this. I am the girl who rolls her eyes and mumbles "It's just a game," when people get worked up about pro sports. Yet now I find myself starting to tear up over Ichiro getting traded to the Yankees. The Yankees!!!!!! The weirdest part, I don't even really like baseball that much!

I met my husband at Safeco field. The first time we hung out was also at a Mariners' game. Then we made sure we went to at least one Mariners' game a year after that, even our first year in Baltimore. Sadly, last year, we missed our M's game because I was hugely pregnant and just couldn't be outside that long in the heat, so I got a baby sitter, borrowed an MLB video game, did my best to whip up home-made versions of our favorite Safeco treats (garlic fries and strawberry shakes), found Zombie Nation on Youtube and played it in the background as we cheered on a little animated Ichiro in our very own living room. My husband said it was the best date night I'd ever planned for us. :) (It was a surprise for him.)
It's what we did. We went to the ballgame and cheered on Ichiro. It feels like I just called home and found out they'd torn down my favorite hangout in my home town. I'm a little heartbroken. Maybe in the future I shouldn't be so judgemental when people get worked up about pro sports. I guess I've been humbled a bit. I may not know Ichiro personally, but he's a part of some of my favorite memories with my husband, so he's become a part of my life. I understand what he's trying to do for the team, but it's sad that it's more important, even to him, to have a winning team than to have one of the few good role models in pro sports on the team. I honestly thought he'd be to Seattle what Stevie Yzerman was to Detroit. I'm bummed about this. I'm really bummed.

oh yeah, the riff raff got ichiro!

make this a lesson, sprout. badness comes back to haunt you.

really. i'm not being a jerk (for once). ask yer dad.

yeah, "making room" is the polite way of saying that he wanted to end his otherwise stellar career on a winning team, not one in the cellar once again.

$18 million to bat 8th. sheesh. no wonder it costs hundreds just to go to a single yankees game.

and that's for nosebleed seats.

What is ichiro and who is Baseball?;):LOL: ok, ok I am joking, but in all the truth i am just so not a sports fan. Give a good cooking show any time over any kind of sport show.

Seattle is cleaning house. I'd guess Ichiro's trade is a contract dump. The Yankees are probably now the oldest team in history.

that'd be a good stat to look up, andy.

oldest average team age.

at least the oldest team in first place. :cool:

Last edited:
i just looked it up, and yes, at the beginning of the season the yanks were the oldest team averaging almost 32 years old.
and that was before adding pettitte (40), and now ichiro (38).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom