Ideas for teenager's party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkath

Hospitality Queen
My 14 year old son is having a sleepover this weekend and I need a couple of good ideas for games. There will be 7 or 8 of them, and so far we've got the food covered, as well as a movie. None of them are into music. I'm afraid he'll get bored if we don't have things for them to "do". (PS - we've already promised him that we'll be hiding upstairs all night, while they're invading the downstairs)

You are a brave brave girl! Have a blast!!! How about a game of spot light tag? That would use up a lot of their energy.

Burst the balloon

1. [SIZE=+1]Have large packets of green and orange balloons. [/SIZE]
  2. [SIZE=+1]Divide the group into two equal teams and have them form two lines. [/SIZE]
  3. [SIZE=+1]Give each person a balloon. Green for one team and orange for the other. [/SIZE]
  4. [SIZE=+1]At the other end of the room, facing the lines, place two upright unpadded chairs. [/SIZE]
  5. [SIZE=+1]At a signal the first person in the line blows up their balloon, ties it, (the adults can do this if the children are young) and runs with it to the chair. They place it on the chair and sit on it, bouncing up and down if necessary, until it bursts. [/SIZE]
  6. [SIZE=+1]They then run back to their team and the next person blows up their balloon and repeats the action. The first runner goes to the back of the line and the team that finishes first wins. [/SIZE]

Here's a link with some more games.

http://www.partygamecentral.com/pgcstandard/cglformstd.htm

Last edited:
Jkath, you are brave! Fourteen is a tough age. Maybe a scavenger hunt - they might say it is stupid, but they usually end up having a good time - divide them up into two teams and give them a list of objects - some easy and some not so easy (ie., no one came back with a sugar cube). Both teams must be back home at a certain time and each group must take off in different directions so they don't hit the same house more than once. Hint, make sure everyone's watches coincide with the time at home. Other than that, I'm not sure - scary movies?

ironchef said:
Are there going to be girls there or just guys?

Just boys, thank goodness! (I'm not ready for spin the bottle!!!)

As for the balloon game, it is really fun! We did that with the little one this past summer (only we did it with water balloons in a kiddie pool - talk about funny!)

Michelemarie - dh suggested that one last night - brilliant minds think alike:)
Any more ideas?

Jkath, this age is so hard. I have a 14 year old girl so the things they like are a bit different from the things boys like. I know they all enjoyed the scavenger hunt, making their own pizzas might be fun -- I know the girls like scary movies - is it too cold to swim, the kids always like that - but it is too cold there, I can't remember how warm it stays in ca in the fall. I'm sorry I can't be more help - give them a difficult list for the scavenger hunt, keep em busy!:LOL: :ROFLMAO:

Lets see
If they dont play video games then i have no idea.
Hahah
That's all i need for my parties.

If they like candy you could get a bag or two full and spread them out in a field and make them look for them.

If they are normal guys they'll search till there is nothing left.

I would have been amazed if my sons had ever taken one of my ideas for games at that age.

Get them to play sports if they wont play video games or search for candy.

Soccer is always fun.
In the dark too.

and drunk
...but you dont have to use that.

at 14 I don't think we did much at parties. I think the idea was to sit and lok as bored as you could, even if the food and entertainment was great.....we mainly watched films, or if was a girl only party did make up. Make up probably won't go down so well with your son though, lol.

I agree its a good idea to get them out in the fresh air doing something active and kind of ehausting before letting them eat, watch the film and crash.....do you have a dog? My male friends used to exhaust our dogs playing with them. We used to set up a sort of amateaur agility course and run the dogs round it.

yes, gobo, there's a PS2 & Gamecube. No, gobo, drinking isn't allowed for 7 more years!

MM - yes, it's still hot here (80s), but by nightfall, it's super chilly!
I like the idea of keeping 'em outdoors - I'll have to do more thinking.
And, Gretchen, for some reason, my kids always like our party ideas - go figure!

When our boy was 14 and had friends over, it was computer games, PS2, playing football outside, and lots of eating.

Last edited:
If it's only 8 boys and you don't mind a mess (okay, a big mess ...) have them bring extra clothes and play ripe-tomato baseball. Believe it or not, it's one of my most treasured memories of my childhood!

lol ronjohn, it's so. cal., you might have to put on a light jacket and socks with your flip flops! :cool:

jkath, i like the idea of keeping them active, until they drop.

how about renting those inflatable sumo wrestler outfits, or giant boxing gloves, and let them beat the puberty out of each other? you could make a ring in the yard, and you and your hubby could do the ring announcer/round card girl parts.

At 14 I my friends and I would have been happy with a cooler of really cheap beer and whatever my best friend could find in his dad's stash...

Then again, I was a hellion. Ummmmmmm... I don't remember much of what I was into other than girls and recreational party favors at 14. The one sleepover I do remember, we watched Rush concert videos all night pretty much, if we weren't in the pool.

Ronjohn, bucky's almost right on that one. I meant super chilly for a swim, not for those fortunate enough to have all 4 seasons. But, still too cool for water.

I've never heard of ripe tomato baseball....! I bet that can really be fun!

Sumo suits - (putting on my best "Arnold from Happy Days" voice) "ba ha ha ha ha!" Wonder if I can get them so close to halloween!

So no girls...then I agree that video games would be the way to go, along with some "guy" DVDs like American Pie, Van Wilder, etc. Just make sure you have enough controllers or buy one of those multi-taps where you can hook up a lot of controllers so they can all play. Night football or basketball is also fun. I don't think you want to do any actual games. They're gonna think it's lame. Or you can invite some girls over. That will always make a party interesting. And invite them over after the boys have watched American Pie. Hahaha!

At the age of 14 my son would have killed me if I'd told him I had games planned:ohmy:

They did the usual video game stuff and movies.

Back
Top Bottom