If money were no object...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last edited:
I have (and LOVE) that exact knife, 6" size is perfect for me also (I am a bit shorter can I get the height instead? LOL).
No! :LOL: Once upon a time I was 5' 6 3/4" tall. Age and gravity have done their evil deed on me. I'm still trying to adjust to being shorter - and very thankful that Himself built me the step stool that is just right. :heart:

;)

robocop-2-1010410.jpg

That one can put holes in swiss cheese...any cheese really...:ROFLMAO:

Two questions, then. Why is it the best, and if it is indeed the best in the world, why haven’t I ever heard of it until now?

Unless you have worked in a restaurant or cafeteria kitchen it is unlikely you have heard of Robo coupe, many of us wish we could afford one for home use.

I really didn’t know that. I thought it was all blue, like a trademark. And yes you can have flame colored or you can mix and match! And according to the Goddess, no, money is no object!

Lot's of colors. Most of mine are Flame. A couple are black.

CD

So CG, should we PM you with our addresses, so you can give us all one of those knives?

CD :D

Sorry, CD dear, but this is a wishing thread. And the qualifier was IF I were rich. I'm not rich - and neither is Himself. However, if I fall into a hole and find a pile of money, you'll be the first to know. ;)

Back in the early 60's there was a TV show called "The Millionaire." A mysterious rich stranger who affected the lives of those he chose. Today, it would have to be titled "The Billionare." Mark Zukerberg can reach me here.

Last edited:
I have a food processed that I've had since I can remember, picked up a second hand one from a yard sale somewhere, it's been good for spares. I use it all the time, from mincing meat to making tomato sauce or plum sauce. I have a couple of modern ones as well, but I always go back to old faithful. It processes about 1 litre at a time.

Russ

I'd gift everybody with the same old-school KitchenAid Pro 6qt. that I have, from the era before the internals ate themselves for dinner. This thing is a workhorse.

...what one kitchen tool or appliance do you love so much that you would buy one for every (active) member here at Discuss Cooking?

IF I were to fall into all the money in the world ...

I would want to re-model each of your kitchens to your hearts desire.

Pro-style Range
(I'd like a dual-fuel range --- electric for baking with convection)
Sub Zero
Top of the line dishwasher
AND
a great Stand-Up Freezer for over flow
(gorgeous countertops & backsplashs, sinks, taps, lighting ...)

Aaahhhhh, wouldn't that be wonderful? :chef:

I would probably have to go with a good enameled Dutch Oven, like LeCreuset or Staub. They are just so versatile. I could probably survive in the wilderness with a Dutch Oven, some matches and a knife.

CD

I really didn’t know that. I thought it was all blue, like a trademark. And yes you can have flame colored or you can mix and match! And according to the Goddess, no, money is no object!
Mine are more than 40 years old so come in the original orange colour (called "volcanic" these days, I think) with a cream lining. The last time I looked the colours available were Volcanic, Ink, Cerise, "Marseille Blue", Almond, Palm and "Chiffon Pink"!!!

What would I have if in money was no object? I'd have the wall knocked down between the kitchen and the dining room so I could have a BIG kitchen.

I've moved from a house with a 15 feet by 15 feet kitchen to a house with a kitchen with no room to swing a cat. My stash of ingredients that I don't use every day, my cake decorating paraphernalia, baking tins, etc., live in my bedroom wardrobe and the freezer, washing machine, spare china and preserving pans, pressure cookers and cleaning equipment live in the garage so the car has to live out on the drive.

Last edited:
Mine are more than 40 years old so come in the original orange colour (called "volcanic" these days, I think) with a cream lining. The last time I looked there were canic, Ink, Cerise, Marseille Blue, Almond, Palm
and "chiffon pink"

The original orange is only available in "Special Edition" pieces. The new orange is called Flame here in the states, and is the most popular color. LC comes out with Special Edition colors all the time. Some are nice, some are ugly, IMO.

CD

Back
Top Bottom