If money were no object...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
...what one kitchen tool or appliance do you love so much that you would buy one for every (active) member here at Discuss Cooking?

I absolutely love my Wüsthof Classic Cook's Knife. I was able to get mine on a really good deal at a little kitchen goody shop, but if money were no object I'd buy yours even if it wasn't on sale. As a bonus, I would get anyone who likes a longer knife a longer knife. As for me, at 5' 5", the 6-inch knife is just perfect.

So, if you were rich (instead of good-looking ;) ) and wanted to gift each of us with your to-die-for, absolutely favorite kitchen goody, what can we expect to get from you?

Since using it yesterday to do 6 pounds of poppers, I'd get everyone a 4 inch Chefs knife. What a useful tool it was. Both in slicing the peppers to spreading the cream cheese.

If not that, then an olive wood spoon. It is such a pleasure to use.

Maybe not the most expensive items, but they are two of my mainstays.

If I was really dreaming, I'd send a crew to everyones house and build them a custom kitchen.

Hmmm, hard question. Any tool or appliance that I absolutely love might end up being useless or undesirable to someone else. Knives are a good example. What I consider the perfect knife might be too heavy, too long, or just unwieldy to someone whose cooking style differs from mine. Same with saucepans and other cookware.

I would hate to have people graciously accept my gift while thinking “great, now I have to make room in the garage to store this enormous food processor that I’ll never use,” or “what a lovely hard wood cutting board. Now I need a bigger counter to set it on.” It would be presumptuous of me to assume that just because I love it means that you would too. So I guess I would have to come up with some sneaky question that you all could answer honestly without thinking “well, I’d really like to have x, but I could never ask anyone to buy it for me! It’s so extravagant!” And that’s what I’d get each of you; what you really want or need.

On the other hand, a complete kitchen makeover, complete with new appliances, according to your specifications would be a great thing! (Even then, I’m sure there are some of you out there who would think “I’m perfectly content with my kitchen. I don’t want the bother of getting used to a new one.”)

All of that being said, if I had to choose for other cooks, I’d have to say a complete set of enameled cast iron cookware, from sauce pans and frying pans to Dutch ovens, all sizes. Le Creuset, of course, unless you hate blue.

The OXO Easy Grips smooth edge can opener
1049953V1.jpg

All of that being said, if I had to choose for other cooks, I’d have to say a complete set of enameled cast iron cookware, from sauce pans and frying pans to Dutch ovens, all sizes. Le Creuset, of course, unless you hate blue.
You know that Le Creuset comes in a rainbow of colors, right? ;)

Btw, you took my answer [emoji38] I'll take mine in Flame, unless I can get them in a variety of colors. Money is no object, right? :ROFLMAO:

You know that Le Creuset comes in a rainbow of colors, right? ;)

Btw, you took my answer [emoji38] I'll take mine in Flame, unless I can get them in a variety of colors. Money is no object, right? :ROFLMAO:
I really didn’t know that. I thought it was all blue, like a trademark. And yes you can have flame colored or you can mix and match! And according to the Goddess, no, money is no object!

This is a tough one. I don't use small appliances such as a FP, blender, slow cooker, rice cooker, etc. So there's really nothing in that category I'd really want to share.

How about this: When I hit the jackpot, you are all invited to my house to look over what I have and I'll buy you one of whatever you choose.

In the meantime, if anyone wants to put a sous vide device on the list for me, that'd be great.

...what one kitchen tool or appliance do you love so much that you would buy one for every (active) member here at Discuss Cooking?

I absolutely love my Wüsthof Classic Cook's Knife. I was able to get mine on a really good deal at a little kitchen goody shop, but if money were no object I'd buy yours even if it wasn't on sale. As a bonus, I would get anyone who likes a longer knife a longer knife. As for me, at 5' 5", the 6-inch knife is just perfect.

So, if you were rich (instead of good-looking ;) ) and wanted to gift each of us with your to-die-for, absolutely favorite kitchen goody, what can we expect to get from you?
I have (and LOVE) that exact knife, 6" size is perfect for me also (I am a bit shorter can I get the height instead? LOL).

Back
Top Bottom