If this is any indication of the winter......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pacanis and Mikki, would you like some of our rain to wash all of that away. And no, I will just give it to you, no snow in trade necessary!

Hmmm, 1" of rain equals 10" of snow..... that's a tough call, Laurie. I think it would flood if you sent the rain our way and suddenly melted what we have. But still..... :rolleyes:

You could see the slate blue skies coming from the west the later it got into the afternoon. And it started snowing here again about 5:30.
My neighbor was plowing (again) after he got home from work. He leaves for work 5:30 in the morning. I thought he plowed early, but he told me he was plowing 9 o'clock last night. I didn't hear him... Anyway, He told me that this morning as he got closer to Erie there wasn't even an inch on the ground 8 miles west of us. How the heck does that happen :(. Gotta love the quirky weather I guess. Not.

Last year we smashed the record for seasonal snowfall, and I had the back pain to show for it... I drove through a couple of freak whiteouts the other day, but we haven't had any real accumulation. Sorry if we sent it your way, but at least it's not here! :LOL:

No snow here but man is it cold. My house was 47 degrees when I woke up this morning. I realize now that cold weather is just painful. I guess I should be thankful that I don't have to suit up for snow just to walk into work.

Anyway, He told me that this morning as he got closer to Erie there wasn't even an inch on the ground 8 miles west of us. How the heck does that happen :(. Gotta love the quirky weather I guess. Not.

We have the same thing here in Mentor as homecook said. We're within a couple miles of Lake Erie, and the snow pretty much blows over us, then it starts to really accumulate a couple miles south of us. It's a mixed blessing because we experience teh opposite in the spring when the lake is colder and we're chilled near the lake, while our brethren just a couple miles south are in their shirt sleeves. It all balance out across the 4 seasons. I actually don't mind running the snow blower as much as I loathe the lawn mower. It's kind of cool trying to engineer how to place the snow to allow for future accumulation. Sometimes I just call my friend withthe plow truck and tell him to make it go away. Two pushes and $15 later and it's gone! Sweeeeeeeeeeet!:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom