If this is any indication of the winter......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pacanis

Chef Extraordinaire
.....we are going to have :ohmy:
The sun should be up soon, somewhere, so I snapped a couple quick pics out the back window of the "4-8" inches we were supposed to get last night. My guess is we got that 4-8 inches sometime around 2:00 AM, because at 5:30 this morning I was tromping through 12 inches of powder, no drifting, just a solid thick blanket everywhere. You can see how heavy it's still coming down in the pic with the flash. My Jeep was void of snow yesterday, as I ran into town for gasoline for the ATV and snowblower, and some chili making groceries. They're calling for another 4-8 today AND tomorrow. Lake Effect snow warnings until 4:00 PM Saturday.
What's that country song, It's 5:00 Somewhere... how about, It's Summer Somewhere ;)

Attachments

• snow1 11-21.jpg
    snow1 11-21.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 175
  • snow 11-21.jpg
    snow 11-21.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 168
I'm so happy for you to have all that snow. You can have all of our allotment for the winter too.

Oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh!! BUTYFUL!!! I absolutely love that. I'm sorry, you probably hate it, but, we get nasty ice here and no pretty snow like that!! It is just beautiful!!

It's snowing in Aston, PA, too! Just got off the phone with Lou, who is frantically searching for the brush/scraper for his car. That made me realize I have no idea where mine is, either:ermm:

We will get our first snow of the season this Monday. A little late considering how far north I am. I remember taking the kids trick or treating in 4 inches of snow. :mrgreen:

I'm still clearing out here. I lied, it did drift. It's up to my knees in spots. We never get a snow that sticks this early. This is our third snowfall so far. The first one melted off. I the second was still on the ground when we got this.... I don't think this one is going to melt anytime soon.

It's supposed to be in the 80's here today (So.Cal) I feel as if we"ve been in continual summer and am tired of it _ last weekend the fires and I still have ash everywhere, today I'm going to a holiday boutique, hard to get in the mood.

pacanis-wish that was all we had, Sunday-Monday we got about 2 feet. I just had to push hubby out of the driveway, because he didn't plow. If I get stuck I won't be happy. Here are a couple pics of our snow and it's still coming down pretty good. Our lake effect warning is until 6:00pm tonight.
And I'm suppose to bury my dog tomarrow, I have to get to the bottom of the snow first!!!!

Attachments

• win1.jpg
    win1.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 172
  • win2.jpg
    win2.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 173
  • win3.jpg
    win3.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 169
  • win4.jpg
    win4.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 174
oh... YUCK!! It's pretty but what a pain in the butt. Snow like that would close our whole city down for a month. There's no way we could handle it.

WOW.... Pacanis and Mikki.... beautiful!!!!! I love the snow!!! Wished we could actually get some here that would last more than a day! Thanks for sharing the beautiful pics!

Heck a couple of years ago, ONE HALF INCH of sudden snow here caused havoc.
It took my wife NINE HOURS to drive home.... a whopping 7.5 miles.
People were actually giving up just a couple miles from home and renting hotel rooms.
All the schools, universities and businesses closed at the same time and conditions were
just right for the roads to become slick instantly.

What a mess.

Wow. You win, Mikki. Barely ;^)
I had to clear my snow though. I just got done clearing things "well enough" for now. Heating up some creamed jalapeno and smoked chicken soup and taking a breather. I'm whooped.The sun is out though....

We didn't get the snow that was expected here, only a couple inches. The did have to plow the roads though. They are calling for more tonight. My dd lives way east of us and she had a heck of a time driving home last night. She is more in the snowbelt than we are.

Barb

I posted this picture a few weeks ago in response to the fall color thread. This is what fall, winter, spring and summer look like, it never changes. Your winter pics are gorgeous to me. I miss the snow (uh but only for a couple of snowfalls) because here in Vegas the scene is the same. The snow pic of a scene of my RV lot in Michigan, this is the kind of winter I'm used to and I really do miss it: Click to enlarge

Attachments

• house nov. 2008 002.jpg
    house nov. 2008 002.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 151
  • TC 3.8.03 011 Alfonsi's.jpg
    TC 3.8.03 011 Alfonsi's.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 158
We have only had one little snow here that was gone by the afternoon. The ski resorts are getting worried about not having snow now. Out of the 26 big ski areas only 8 are open. Thanksgiving is usually a big ski time here in Colorado.

I don't mind the snow (a 4 letter word for me) as long as it stays up in the big mountains and not down in the foothills.

one ski resort in our area opened yesterday and another is opening this weekend. thefirst its the 3rd earlies time its opened. The snow has just started again, I'm not looking forward to tomarrow morning. Wish hubby would let me plow but, he made every excuse of why I can't. I guess if he gets stuck again when he gets home thats his problem.

when I read this this afternoon I thought, poor girl, thank god it doesn't happen here...

and now?
it looks almost the same when I watch out of the window..
but it's fun driving with the car :D

Back
Top Bottom