If you made a New Years resolution...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SizzlininIN

Master Chef
So are you sticking to it?

I made several myself and plan to stick to them for life.

1. Stopped smoking. Its been 15 days now. I'm still using the patch but only wearing it for about 4 hours in the evening now. I should be able to rid myself of that in another week or so.

2. I'm eating healthier. This is still a struggle and can get costly considering I'm buying so much more fruits and vegetables and really reading the labels on boxes. Seems like the things that are better for you are more costly. Oh well its well worth it. Cannot wait for summer and the farmers markets. Now I do allow myself to eat out on Friday nights. Thats always been a night we've went out to eat but I'm making better choices when I do. That first Friday the meal was very disappointing, especially when you see DH eating his favorite. So this last Friday I decided I was going to eat what I wanted and treat myself, well surprisingly I didn't go for my old favorites, I was able to pick one of the healthiest meals on the menu without any problem instead, it just looked and sounded better. My favorite things didn't seem so great once I really took a look at what all I was going to be putting into my body. And the meal was delicious. So eventually, I'll be able to find the resturants that really step up and make delicious healthy meals too.

3. Gave up soda pop. This was a tough one. In fact, after probably 3 days, I don't remember when now, I caved and drank one. Well it was probably 8 days later I saw one of DH's in the fridge and I just had to have a little bit .... :sick:...seriously I couldn't even drink it. Thankfully it was a pepsi and it wasn't a coke because thats my favorite. But I think I've now psyched myself out enough that even the coke won't taste good to me know.

4. Taking better care of this body God has given me by joining a gym and working out. Yesterday was my first official day and I love it. I'm heading back today. I'll be going 5 days a week. I also went to get my yearly exam with the OB/GYN and will def. keep my mammo appointment this year. I'm ashamed to say I didn't go last year because I'm a bit shy with other people seeing my body. Well I'm over that my health is more important.

5. I'm saving money. I've even got my DH to join in on this. In one pot he and I each put in $1.00 a day, plus any change we acquire that day. In 7 days we saved $27 and some odd change. I got this idea when I read about a man who has twice went to the dealership and purchased a brand new truck with change he's saved....we're talking $30 something thousand dollars. Its really amazing how much change you can acquire by not using it when buying something and only using paper money. Well all we're shooting for first is money to take a romantic weekend getaway for either our birthdays combined or for our anniversary. This week we'll open a joint interest savings account with that money. I'm also starting to pay myself first. I'm putting back $50.00 from each check. This will also be put in a seperate interest savings account. This will be our emergency money. Even without this we always seem to come up with the money in a pinch but it'll be nice to have it to fall back on. I'm due for another bonus at work in a few more months and that money too will be put into this account. Last time it was $600.00 so hopefully it'll be that or more again. Soon I'm going to be setting aside a certain amount of money for grocery shopping and really looking for ways to save there and any money I have left over from saving to put it in the account also.

Good luck everyone!

Lets see. Last year for me was staying off soda pop. To let you know it was tough because i used to drink around 320 oz a day. I have lost over 22 pounds since i stopped. i hope that helps encourage you to stop.

Im glad to see you make healthier choices. to quit smoking must have been tough. i can only imagine.

My goals for this year are as follows.

1st one is to buy me my very first car. Yes i am 23 and i STILL drive my moms car. She cant drive as well as she used to due to illness, but she still drives. i want a Nissan Altima 2.5 s or sl. i was able to talk the dealer down from 16,700 to 12,000. we even signed on it. Then at the end they said no and jakced it back up to 16,700

2nd is for me to help my college out by building and creating them a whole new degree and network engineering program. Apparently they liked my idea and threw me onto student council. I found that out last Thursday. I am excited. any input from any computer person is welcome. i could use ideas.

3rd is to get my RHCT and or RHCE along with my CCNP.

4th is a tie with 3rd. To get married.

5th if possible, to get a better paying job. 11.25 an hour for what i do is not enough BUT what job allows you to do homework when your not busy.

Last edited:
I didn't make one.
If I had, it would have been to maintain this new weight and keep healthy.
It woud have also been to be more thankful and grateful and appreciative.
I need to remember more to PGFWABF.
Now, figure that^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ one out.;)

I never really make resolutions. I sort of decided that God was sending me a message last year about my health and eating habits, so I am going to keep that firmly implanted in my brain whenever I am choosing food to eat. I need to remember that we "eat to live, not live to eat". Thats pretty tough for a hard core foodie though. So, I'm just going to eat less of the questionable things.

I didn't make one.
If I had, it would have been to maintain this new weight and keep healthy.
It woud have also been to be more thankful and grateful and appreciative.
I need to remember more to PGFWABF.
Now, figure that^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ one out.;)

Praise God For Whom All Blessings Flow.

I love google

For me it has been to take better care of my body and my home. There are a lot of sub-sets to them. So far, one week good, one week mediocre. Part of the problem has been, of all things, hemmroids. All I want to do is sit on my heating pad and hope for the best. Old age is a pain in the patootie, and I mean that literally!

Praise God For Whom All Blessings Flow.

I love google
Oh you cheater................:LOL:
but you're right.
that's WHO I need to be more grateful/appreciative/thankful for and too.
As a little girl, I believe it's called the Doxology. We sang it in church all during the week, like after every service whatever kind of service it was.

Oh you cheater................:LOL:
but you're right.
that's WHO I need to be more grateful/appreciative/thankful for and too.
As a little girl, I believe it's called the Doxology. We sang it in church all during the week, like after every service whatever kind of service it was.

I agree. Right now i would be grateful if someone came into my office and said " here is a Mcdonalds breakfast sandwhich for you"

im so freakin hungry and i forgot my chocolate pudding this morning

I don't make resolutions, but I do have a few goals for this year. I want to focus on core strength this year, doing Pilates will help me accomplish that. Toning my legs and mid-section.

Eat more fruits.

Try more new and different things food wise!!!

I started the Beck's Diet Solution program on Dec 1, and have lost 12 pounds so far. Kind of an early New Year's resolution.

Healthy eating, healthy living.

(Can't quit the diet Coke habit, however.)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom