If you were the "Next Food Network Chef"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lefty7887

Sous Chef
:chef: What type of show(s) would you do? :chef:

You never know, if the producers of the food network look at this forum. ;)

My first show would be about the foods of New England. The seafood, bean suppers, home made maple syrups, and all the foods of this region. I would also like to visit to some of the classic New England spots and interview the owners/chefs to talk about New England cooking.

A show featuring every day cooking for special diets such as celiac, lactose intolerance, diabetes, vegetarian, etc. It would mainstream these issues and showcase how you can easily make delicious food the whole family will enjoy and be able to eat. This is basically how I cook at home and have taken jobs as special diets cook.

I never really thought about it but Good thread.

Definitly something instructional. I guess just make awesomeness from where ever or what ever. Definitly some pantry cooking or cooking with what you got type of stuff.

Defintily fun with tunes, an audience. I wouldnt beable to not do it with out feeding off an audience. kidna like emril live i guess.

lol...unhealthy fattening good tasting easy and quick. Think Paula Deen and BUTTER!

Pds, you crack me up, Ha!! Hmmmm, this is a very good question. I would probably focus on budget friendly one-pot meals

Maybe a show with a different cooking methods each week, for instance, how to use a slow cooker and recipes for it , another week do a show on dutch oven cooking , and other week on skillet cooking , another on cast iron cooking and so on... It would good for beginner cooks as well as experienced cooks, I think.

I'd be just another in their seemingly endless line of, as Anthony Bourdain put it, "talking bobbleheads" and doing some pointless show that was light on cooking and heavy on fluff. Why? Because that's what the programmers would tell me to do.

Which is why I could never be that person :(. I'm a little too hardcore for Food Network these days. Well, that and I just can't bring myself to make a fake orgasm face just off eating some restaurant's food. If I had a cooking show and could do whatever I wanted though, I'd focus on advanced-level cuisine. It'd probably be classified as "Gathering meals", because they'd be so involved and time consuming you'd only do them for special occasions.

That's the biggest thing I miss about cable from the 90's: There were a number of shows out there that covered really advanced topics for serious hobbyists and chefs. Now it's all about trying to convince someone who can open a couple of boxes and combine some stuff in a kitchen for 15 minutes that they're really cooks. Master Class @ Johnson & Wales got a bit into "the good stuff", and Hubert Keller had his own show for a while not too far back, but otherwise television has been really devoid of high quality *true* culinary creation. Simply Ming is about the only show that even (sometimes) attempts it at this point--and you've really gotta scour PB stations to find it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom