If You were to name yourself, what would it be?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am another one named after "Hollywood's Sweetheart". In my classes there was always a Debbie One, and a Debbie Two. And sometimes a Debbie Three.

When I got to college, I decided to become a Debra, and that has stuck. Except with my mom. Who calls me Becky. (My sister's name.)

I have a 6 letter first name, and middle initial, and an 11 letter last name, and I am so tired of signing it, I decided I would change my name to Jo Ng!

sparrowgrass said:
I am another one named after "Hollywood's Sweetheart". In my classes there was always a Debbie One, and a Debbie Two. And sometimes a Debbie Three.

When I got to college, I decided to become a Debra, and that has stuck. Except with my mom. Who calls me Becky. (My sister's name.)

Oh, Goodness, if we could have been given the shortened number versions instead of the "drawled" out middle names after our first name "Debbie". Mrs. Williams could have called me "Debbie googooplex" and I would have far preferred it over her "Debbie ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN". I personally like Deborah as well, sparrowgrass, and have used it the last 10 years or so.

Barb L. said:
My name is fine with me, any other then it wouldn't be me ! lol Some friends call me Babs, Babsie, Barbie, Barb - usually my older Aunts do call me Barbara (not my favorite) !
How funny! I'm exactly the opposite. I love my name but not the shorter versions like Barb, Barbie, etc. My Aunt Nancy calls me Barbie and so did my Uncle Glen sometimes. I never minded them calling me that--in fact I liked it, but just them and no one else. My sister used to tease me by calling me Babs. My family just never was much for nicknames. The only time I call my daughter or granddaughter anything other than Nancy and Hannah is when I am playing and call them Nancy Jeanie Beanie and Hannah Banana or Hanner Nanner, and my grandson is never anything but Andrew.

I am very thankful that my mom didn't name me what she wanted to name me (although I am bothered by the fact that my biological father didn't take her choice seriously and just said no both times--she wanted it for my sister too). She wanted to name me Trina Lynn or Trina Marie. THAT is just not me at all!

:) Barbara

I hated my name when I was in school, the biblical spelling of Deborah.

For the record, I also hated Debbie, Deb, Debi, Deby, Debby, Debbi, Debra, Debrah, Debora & the Debmeister (looong story!).

Now, it's not so bad. It's too late for me, but if I ever have a daughter, we'll name her Brooke or Brit- something that can't be shortened to a nickname.

I have the most ordinary real name in the world. You can hardly even shorten it.

Therefore, I gave my daughter a four-syllable name with many variations.

Think I'll call myself Desdemona from now on.

(From what I was told) In Scotland the first son was named after the grandfather..the second after the Father. the girls the same way after the Grandmother and Mother.So my sis is Mary Ann pronounced as one name and I became Margaret after Mother.

I actually have been renamed couple of times, and still use name other than mine real name, long story...

I never liked my name in while growing up. It was hard to write when I was learning how to write, then when I got it write the teachers never could pronounce it. How 'Hyacinth' generated names like Hamusim, Simsim, Ice-cream(which many still call me or as in my uncle he just calls me ice)beats me. Many gave up on my first name and called me Amu, which is short for my family name. Anyway I got to like my name eventually during college and would explain that it was a sweet smelling spring flower. Anyway years later the hyacinth weed hit the lakes in Kenya and now when I tell people my name, they go like, 'you were named after the weed?' Following the trouble I had with my name, I decided my children will have sensible names, so my daughter is Simone and my son, Nicolas. During my school days i would be Lantana :)

What Is In A Name....

Well, I have always hated my name because no one could ever spell it correctly. How hard is it to spell SARA? Apparently very hard for some people. In fact, I went skiing one time and the lady at the ticket counter spelled my name incorrectly, with an H, and then argued with me about the correct spelling, as if I don't know how to spell my own name:mad:. I was planning on changing my name to Marishka, but I thought some people may get the wrong idea seeing as how that is the name of one of draculas brides:ermm:. Even though I didn't change my name to that it was one of my nick names for many years. So was Sara Bear, Sara Lee(long story), and Little Marie. Now later in life I don't mind my name to much mainly because my fiancee likes it. Also I have just gotten over the fact that people are stupid and that there are many people:LOL:.

I don't mind my name now but remember hating it. My middle name I kept a deep dark secret. Now the whole thing sounds foolish to me. I guess I have grown up.

BTW, middle name is Louise after my mom. Seemed to me everyone else had Marie or Ann. I did pass the middle name on to my oldest daughter. Should ask her what she thinks.

Martha Stewart.

Cash a few checks (big ones) and it is Rio, Rio by the sea-o.

Samba, Mai Tais on the beach, yayaess.

Do they have extradition from Rio?

Back
Top Bottom