If You were to name yourself, what would it be?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jikoni

Sous Chef
If youu were given the chance to name yourself, what would it be? I am happy with my name and can't think of another name, but in school during my teenage years I asked friends to call me Lantana or Lantie.

Actually, I sort of did that about 25 years ago. I changed my name to the Gaelic spelling. Never really liked my given name and was kind of an unplanned name anyway. One of my cousins was born shortly before I was and was given the name my mother had chosen for me. Instead, I was given the reverse name. My proposed first name became my middle name and my middle name became my first name. I never considered myself either of these names, but liked the Gaelic versions. I petitioned the court and was granted the change. Instead of Kathleen, I became Caitlin.

I'd keep the name I have. Too much trouble changing bank accounts, subscriptions and ordering new checks.

Growing up I couldn't stand my name. When I got into my 20's I liked it so I wouldn't change it now. But if I had to I'd probably just shorten it to Ree (pronounced ray). I always loved unisex names like Ray, Shane (Shayne),
Alex, Jordan (Jordyn), etc...

Gee, I was named after the woman who was considered "Hollywood's Sweetheart" back in the 50's and so was every other girl my age--unfortunately in 5th grade there were 3 of us in the same grade and to distinguish us, our Southern belle of a teacher with her most magnolia scented accent (a one syllable word was drawled into a 3 syllable one) called us Debbie and then our middle names. What had began as a rather pretty name morphed into a Petticoat Junction sounding "hick name". I cringed everytime she called me "Debbie-AAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNN". Now I like my name but back in 5th grade "no".

My name is fine with me, any other then it wouldn't be me ! lol Some friends call me Babs, Babsie, Barbie, Barb - usually my older Aunts do call me Barbara (not my favorite) !

I DID name myself. I'm Buck.

Good grief! While typing this I hit a wrong key and changed my name to Guck. Yuck!

Anyway, still the same old harmless, loveable little fuzzball. Buck.

I'm beginning to like my name! It's Kyra - like Shakira minus the sha, not like rhyming with Tyra. I used to hate it because everyone pronounced it wrong and occasionally people would forget it altogether, so they'd call me whatever they could think of that began with a K. I've even gotten Carol a few times? Lol. Now, though, I like the uniqueness of my name. I don't think I'd change it given the chance.

CherryRed said:
I'm beginning to like my name! It's Kyra - like Shakira minus the sha, not like rhyming with Tyra. I used to hate it because everyone pronounced it wrong and occasionally people would forget it altogether, so they'd call me whatever they could think of that began with a K. I've even gotten Carol a few times? Lol. Now, though, I like the uniqueness of my name. I don't think I'd change it given the chance.
Kyra is an awesome name!
I should name my next cat/dog that (that's a compliment by the by:))

Andy M. said:
Call me anything you want, just don't call me late for dinner.

:LOL: Has anyone just gave you a new name and had a hard time calling you by your real name or a version of it? I have been called June, Julie, and Jenny. My name does not even start with a "J". But my greats grandmothers did who were born in the 1700's. ???

middie said:
I always loved unisex names like Ray, Shane (Shayne),
Alex, Jordan (Jordyn), etc...

Like mine?

I love my name, for either gender, and I would have chosen it for myself if my parents hadn't already done so.

Lee

At least my children have always liked their names----short names (Chris and Kari) with a long "Germanic" last name that has 12 letters total and has six consonants in a row--it's one that most people butcher trying to pronounce and considered even rare in Germany. I remember teaching first graders who would put their heads down on their desks and cry because they had to print out such long first names such as "Benjamin" . I vowed that I would never do that to my children.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom