I'll have a black and blue Christmas!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
buckytom said:
...the bruising must be cool, tho. take pics. white folks turn all sorts of cool colors. (reminds me of the old richard pryor joke)

:ROFLMAO: Bucky! You crack me up. Brings back memories of my left forearm after my bowstring got done with it. It turned colors I didn't know I had in me.:LOL: Fortunately, that was many years back and is jsut a distant memory.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Lol, I fell and thought I had to have broken my foot. It was black blue yellow green pink red orange and purple.

I asked the dr, 'how in he!! could it hurt this much and have a pallete of colors and not be broken? :ROFLMAO:

Hey if I'm in that much pain, I want a cast so people understand that I am really hurt! :LOL:

Thank you for the well wishes everyone!

I'm really quite OK, other than the pain in my leg and a bit of a limp at the moment.

As to how it happened, I kind of followed a rule for lifting when moving a computer monitor. (Lifting with your legs might be good advice for someone with a bad back and good legs, but for someone with a good back and a bad leg, maybe not so much...)

As for the original tear, I have no idea. I had been playing ice hockey, felt fine during the game, but the next day I could barely move my leg, had very sharp pain, and a really big bruise.

So I'm currently back on part of the rehab program from the original tear. Motrin every few hours to take down the inflamation, and once that settles down, I'll start back on the exercises to build it back up again.

As for stretching, I can honestly say I'm FAR more flexible today than I was before the first tear.

Thanks!
John

Last edited:
:sick: Oh ronjohn, that is just gross. I know how much that can hurt. There just isn't much you can do except wait to heal. Hope it doesn't mess up your holidays too much.

I know this isn't a "guy" thing to do, but I'm going to throw it out there anyway. I highly recommend yoga for strengthening, increasing flexibility and building muscle in a gentle way. I wrecked my back years ago and have never been in so much pain ever. They basically said, "Oh well. Live with it, here are some drugs". I started going to yoga, and while I have occasional flare ups, they aren't as bad, and I live nearly pain free most of the time. It has also helped my bum knee and ankle. Just a thought. Living with this kind of stuff just SUCKS.

buckytom said:
the bruising must be cool, tho. take pics. white folks turn all sorts of cool colors. (reminds me of the old richard pryor joke)

bucky - my husband turned black and blue in the "nether regions" I never knew could turn black and blue!!!!!! :ohmy: ...he wouldn't let me take pictures!

rofl elfie. i'm not gonna ask what you did to the poor guy.

but i am impressed! :)

you could at least made him feel good about it and put the wide angle lens on the camera first.

gw, see what i mean about taking pictures? i bet you'd love to see that ol' bowstring bruise again. for bragging rights, if nothing else.

alix, lol, i'm doing downward dog right now as i type this. woof!

Bender unit.... what the HECK man?! :huh:
What did you do to deserve this? Youre going to take a picture of it and post it right? :LOL:
I feel your pain though. I have screwed up my left leg soooooo many times! The last time I stepped on a rock in a parking lot at tore MANY ligaments. THey say I need surgery. :neutral: I can still walk fairly well, but not for a long time. Im a wounded animal. :cry: If a bear chases me.... Im a gonner. :mellow:

And so it seems that we are all either too old, too injured, or too sick to do all of those wonderful things we took for granted when we were in our late teens and twenties. I know one thing for sure, my belief system includes a resurection. I'm placing my order right now for the twenty-one year old model.:ROFLMAO:

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Alix said:
Elfie, quick get the camera!!:cool:

Hey Alix, I got that picture and even more :cool: -
imgres

Back
Top Bottom