I'll rate your peanut butter sandwich.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Banana Brain said:
BTW jkath, that stuff "peanut better" looks absolutly fasinating. I'd love to try it, but there isn't one located anywhere near me! There's only one location in my state appearently and its miles away darn it! Looks great though. I'd especially love to try the sweet selections. All five of those look like heaven.

I've always found them at the yearly food festivals. They do have a retail place in Pasadena (which is only 20 or so miles from me) but I haven't needed to go there. Whenever I've found them, I buy each wonderful jar by the case!

VAGRILLER! lol!!
"Gee....it says 'fra-geeeee-lay'! Must be italian!" Thanks for the chuckle.

Banana Brain - my favorite breakfast at Grandpa and Grandma's as a kid:
creamy peanut butter and banana slices on hot squaw bread toast.
(no substitutions here!)
Melts in your mouth!!!!

Another PB, having nothing to do with sandwiches: I like to stir fry chicken in peanut butter, green onions and some spicy pepper oil. (Over angel hair pasta)

I can't stand PB and jelly but love PB and almost any kind of fruit. Besides the banana you mentioned I've had it with strawberries, peaches, apples, and pears. Also tried it with pineapple but not as good. I'd rather just have a pineapple and mayo sandwich. Some people might think that sounds strange but I also like bologna, banana and mayo sands.

My hubby likes PB and cream cheese.

What a great thread! :)

I must insist that you try the classic "fluffer nutter" which is peanut butter and marshmallow fluff on white bread (although it's pretty good on wheat). This combination also tastes great toasted, or with some chocolate syrup drizzled on it. I imagine it would also taste good with some honey thrown into the mix...been meaning to try it.

Peanut butter and honey has ALWAYS been my favorite :wub:, especially if you let it sit for 15 minutes and the honey soaks into the bread a little...oh, heaven!

I have also heard of peanut butter and pickle sandwiches. I've never tried it, but...I'd like to see your opinon! I'm not sure what kind of pickles you're supposed to use, however. I'll check around and see if I can dig something up.

Happy tasting!

unmuzzleme said:
I have also heard of peanut butter and pickle sandwiches. I've never tried it, but...I'd like to see your opinon! I'm not sure what kind of pickles you're supposed to use, however. I'll check around and see if I can dig something up.

Well, I googled PBandPickles, and I believe that the trick is to use sweet pickle chips rather than bread and butter or dill pickles.

Please let us know how this one works out! :w00t2:

auntdot said:
Peanut and butter and bacon, nothing better.
Because I don't have bacon, I'm trying PB with fried honey-ham. Hmmm. I'll have to give this a 3. I'm a little grossed out by this flavor, sorry.

mish said:
I haven't eaten a PB sammich in years -- mostly I prefer PB in a dessert/baking recipe or a pad thai noodle... but here are a few that come to mind:

PB & strawberry preserves panini. (The heat will make it all melty and warm.)

PB (crunchy-style), sliced apples and raisins on a soft flour tortilla - or between two waffles (a waffle-wich).

Spread PB on a hot waffle and top with strawberries, bananas & blueberries & whipped cream.

Spread PB on a hot waffle, top with vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup.
I've already had the strawberry preserves panini pretty much, because I used strawberry preserves for my grilled PB and J. Very Tasty!

Sliced apple with raisons in a tortilla: wow, I am suprizes by how good this is! I wouldn't think peanut butter would meet a tortilla properly, but in this case it does. 8.5/10.

The other two I would test, but they don't really meet the crieteria for peanut butter sandwhich. But man, I havn't had a PB waffle in years. I've got to have another soon.

Last edited:
Amanda said:
peanut butter and marshmallow fluff on honey wheat bread and peanut butter with sweet cream cheese, caramel and green apple slices on honey wheat bread
I can't test those yet because of lack of proper suplies, but I'm going to pick up marshmallow fluff and sweet cream cheese and at least one caramel tomorrow so I'll be sure to try. Those sound excellent.

jkath said:
VAGRILLER! lol!!
"Gee....it says 'fra-geeeee-lay'! Must be italian!" Thanks for the chuckle.

Banana Brain - my favorite breakfast at Grandpa and Grandma's as a kid:
creamy peanut butter and banana slices on hot squaw bread toast.
(no substitutions here!)
Melts in your mouth!!!!

Another PB, having nothing to do with sandwiches: I like to stir fry chicken in peanut butter, green onions and some spicy pepper oil. (Over angel hair pasta)
I've had bananas on creamy pb on toast and bagels, and I agree its wonderful. 9/10, just from memory. And I love the way the Thai always get peanuts into their chicken dishes. Its fabulous.

unmuzzleme said:

Happy tasting!

you must use dill pickles, very good.

Also, BB re: mish's suggestion - HH frequently uses tortillas to make his pbj's when we are out of bread.

We may get low on bread, but NEVER on peanut butter!

southerncooker said:
I can't stand PB and jelly but love PB and almost any kind of fruit. Besides the banana you mentioned I've had it with strawberries, peaches, apples, and pears. Also tried it with pineapple but not as good. I'd rather just have a pineapple and mayo sandwich. Some people might think that sounds strange but I also like bologna, banana and mayo sands.

My hubby likes PB and cream cheese.
Out of cream cheese.

PB with pears: very good. It has the same good effect as the banana of being very sweet and soft with the pb, but I really like this new flavor. This almost tastes... tropical.

unmuzzleme said:
What a great thread! :)

I must insist that you try the classic "fluffer nutter" which is peanut butter and marshmallow fluff on white bread (although it's pretty good on wheat). This combination also tastes great toasted, or with some chocolate syrup drizzled on it. I imagine it would also taste good with some honey thrown into the mix...been meaning to try it.

Peanut butter and honey has ALWAYS been my favorite :wub:, especially if you let it sit for 15 minutes and the honey soaks into the bread a little...oh, heaven!

Happy tasting!
Unfourtunatly I don't have pickles OR fluffy marshmellow creme stuff with me today, but I will get more suplies from Trader Joes or another trusty well stocked market tomorrow.
And I love PB and Honey too! It rules.

TATTRAT said:
wheat bread, peanut butter, and bacon!
See other bacon post. I know its not fair to judge of me since I didn't use actual bacon, but I know that so far I'm bot liking the peanut butter and pig taste.

mudbug said:
you must use dill pickles, very good.

Also, BB re: mish's suggestion - HH frequently uses tortillas to make his pbj's when we are out of bread.

We may get low on bread, but NEVER on peanut butter!
OK, I'm about to try this pb&j tortilla, which I had a lot of trouble wrapping and re-wrapping but I think I finally got right.

This is very good! What an interesting squishy texture expirience. I don't know why I had always picture pb being bad in tortillas. Because of the thinness of the tortilla, it really lets the peanut butter and jelly flavors (who are really the stars of the show) stand out bodly. I think that even though I would like the pb and apple and raison and honey tortilla better as a sandwhich for its flavors, I actually like this one better in a tortilla for such an interesting squishyness. I really STUFFED the tortilla, btw, and I'm having pleasany mouthfuls of peanutbutter with preserves.
This is a 9/10 expirience.

I like my peanut butter sandwich with just peanut butter (either creamy or crunchy) but I put lots of butter on the bread first. Yummy!!!!

Banana Brain said:
See other bacon post. I know its not fair to judge of me since I didn't use actual bacon, but I know that so far I'm bot liking the peanut butter and pig taste.

But bacon tastes nothing like honey ham... I've never had either of those things with peanut butter, but bacon is one of God's great gifts, and so is peanut butter, so I may have to try this. I've always been a bit of a PB purist, and have never even tried PB & J!

BC

My favourite

Toast some multigrain bread
spread on some smooth peanut butter
cut a banana into chunks and place on it
enjoy
(PS I don't stick the two sides together, eat them seperatly)
http://www.cookingforums.net/

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom