I'm already seeing results!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ardchoille

Senior Cook
Twenty years ago I weighed 275 pounds, today I weigh 137 pounds - that was an accomplishment in itself. On the second of this month I decided to begin weight training in order to bring some muscular definition to my now slim body and today, after only 15 days of working out alone, I am already seeing long-lasting results. My weight has hovered around 138 for about a year and now my upper arm has seen an inch of growth in circumference - those dumbbell curls are really paying off. My biceps are now forming a noticeable "lump"! Time to celebrate! I'll have a vegetable salad, no dressing, a side of mixed, unsalted, nuts, an apple and a glass of water please. I should join a gym. I'm 51 years old but I don't think my age will be a problem :)

And my journey continues..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 169
Congrats on your weight loss. That's quite an accomplishment.

Not that I'm an expert or anything but you should get a trainer's advice so you can correctly work all your body parts. You don't want to look like Olive Oyl with Popeye arms.:LOL:

Congrats on your weight loss. That's quite an accomplishment.

Not that I'm an expert or anything but you should get a trainer's advice so you can correctly work all your body parts. You don't want to look like Olive Oyl with Popeye arms.:LOL:

That's excellent advice.. which is why I'll be joining a gym a.s.a.p. I don't want to look like Dwayne Johnson, but I do want to see some muscular definition:)

That's excellent advice.. which is why I'll be joining a gym a.s.a.p. I don't want to look like Dwayne Johnson, but I do want to see some muscular definition:)

Congratulations! I know the feeling. I was 160-165 a year ago. And I only stand 4'7". So you can imagine looking at a beer barrel rolling through life. I am now down to 120. I looked at a picture taken at my 75th birthday party. Was I really that big? Of course at my age I have kept in touch with my doctor and physical therapy at my clinic where I go for my health care.

So keep up the good work. Don't you find you have so much more energy? One of the benefits! :angel:

Congratulations! I know the feeling. I was 160-165 a year ago. And I only stand 4'7". So you can imagine looking at a beer barrel rolling through life. I am now down to 120. I looked at a picture taken at my 75th birthday party. Was I really that big? Of course at my age I have kept in touch with my doctor and physical therapy at my clinic where I go for my health care.

So keep up the good work. Don't you find you have so much more energy? One of the benefits! :angel:

That is quite an accomplishment, good job! Isn't the transformation amazing? It seems to bring in will power and confidence too!

Yes, I seem to have found boatloads of energy! And I'm putting that energy to good use with some weight training.

Back
Top Bottom