I'm Back!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
I just wanted to say that I am home from my knee surgery and it was a complete success. When the doctor got in there he said there was even more arthritis damage than he could have imagined so it was the right decision.

I just wanted to post this as a thread because I am overwhelmed by how many of you sent well wishes directly or through others. I am deeply moved by this and could not have gotten through these last few months of pain and frustration without your thoughts, prayers, friendship and encouragement.

I will be on a walker for a month and a cane for two more after that and then I should be good to go for 10 to 20 years without aid! Rehab is hard work but I know I can do it. I can already bend and straighten my leg more than I have been able to in more years than I can count!

It is really good to be back home and at DC. After all, you are as much family as my DH, border and two furbabies!

I'm so glad to hear that the surgery was a success LP. I hope you begin to feel better soon. Glad to have you back.

Oh good for you, LPB. You sound so good and up.
I'm glad everything went good, without any kinks.
Thanks for the thoughtful heads up.
Success on your therapy too.

Welcome back Laurie,
glad all the misery and pain is behind you..Can't wait to hear that the pain of rehab is behind you as well.
kades

Oh Laruie,I'm so glad to have you back!! I know your going to be just fine now!! TAke it easy at first and dont try to push yourself. You'll be running around in no time!

Thank you everyone! I wanted this thread to be a way of thanking all of you for reaching out to me and here you are doing it again. Brings tears to my eyes that I has such a wonderful cheering section!

First night home wasn't bad, was only up and down twice which was less than the hospital! Good start. Still only eating Boost, yoghurt, cottage cheese, fresh fruit and salad though.

LPBeier said:
First night home wasn't bad, was only up and down twice which was less than the hospital! Good start. Still only eating Boost, yoghurt, cottage cheese, fresh fruit and salad though.

Ya need some Twuffles Miss Laurie...,You'd be fit as a fiddle in no time!!!;)

Yay!!!
ready to go for a run?
:)
Glad it all went well, been thinking about you.

This all sounds great LP - good news and please, be a good patient and don't rush things! There is no "stern face: emoticon Well, it says it's "evil" but I'll choose this for stern :evil:;)

Back
Top Bottom