I'm Bummed!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sattie

Washing Up
Hey guys, to some this is going to sound silly. And that is ok. But I have been bummed all morning and it is all about a bird!!!

Sunday evening, I noticed a little puffball standing in the street. So I went out to investigate and found a little bluejay sitting there all pretty. The nest was right above me where I picked him up and was out of reach.

So since it was evening, I took him in, put him in a box and kept him safe and warm for the evening.

Next morning, took him out, placed him in the flower bed in front of the window where I work. I enjoyed watching mom and dad take turns feeding him. He would bounce around in the flower bed, sometimes getting himself stuck, I would go out and help the little feller out. Later that evening I noticed him sitting on a wooden rail tie and was bouncing... went to check on him and he had managed to get in an ant pile. Got him out of that, took him in for the night and then the next day.

Put the little feller out again and enjoyed the same view as from the day before. Little guy stayed put no matter where I placed him. I went to my work out class yesterday evening, came home, checked on him. He was good. Still a few hours of daylight left, and I wanted him to get the full benefit from it and his feedings. I just stopped worrying about him so much because he seemed so good at staying where I put him.

As the last bits of sun light start to dissappear, I go out to get the little guy and I can't find him. It starts raining and I'm out there with my flashlight looking everywhere for him.

Finally, I look to the road and see a fuzzy lump that has been illuminated by a passing car's headlights.... and I knew. My little buddy somehow had made it to the street and got mushed. I feel terrible and know I could have been more attentive. I'm a bad step mom!!!

I know it is just a bird, and was only around him for 2 1/2 days, but I just feel really down about it. I almost want to cry but then I keep telling myself how silly I am.

Anyhow, just wanted to share, I thought this might help me feel a little better. :cry::cry:

Last edited:
Yea... I'm amazed myself. I guess it was not meant to be. He was such a good little guy!

Awe sattie....I WOULD be crying if that happened to me!!!:(I dont think its silly at all...acts like that show how kind a person can be, most people probably wouldnt have even bothered to do what you did.
Dont feel silly for being a kind-hearted person;)

Been there, had that happen. Another story that should make you wonder is about my birdfeeder in the yard. It is hanging cylinder feeder with five openings for access to the food. They sit on perch and eat as much as they want. One day not iced no activity. Went out there. A bird had gotten stuck in the hole and was hanging there dead. Talk about feeling ill. To clean it up by getting his head out of the hole bothered me. Called the place where I get the feed and they t ook it matter of fact and told me to definitely clean it as much as possible so no trace of bird odor on it. Since that one time, no more birds get their heads stuck. I just don't know how this happened. Made me feel guilty too. I send you my sympathy and I know the parents were thankful you cared about their offspring. I know I would! Thanks for sharing. I like innocent stories not murder, rape and suicides. Thanks sattie.

You're not silly ! We rescued a half drowned baby bird out of our pool last summer and tried to nurse him back to health but he died after 2 days. I also felt that it was odd that I was so sad over a bird but it's so true what Andy said - we do get attached to animals we care for very quickly. At least you know you tried !

Oooohhh Satie...it is OK. You have done your best. Think of the life of the bird extended by 2 and a half days more...your karma will take care of your dharma...and the drama that happened. Keep up the good work. There will be many more you can help or maybe not all of them are birdie but they appreciate them nonetheless coming from you.

Cheer up.....

sattie - It's not silly at all. I've done the same myself. :flowers: and a
hug.gif
to help make your day better.

AWWW (Sattie))) This is so sad.We tried to save many a baby bird around here only to have them succumb to be a neighbor's cat's snack :(.I'm sure that in the big scheme of it all your kindness will be noticed!!!;) Love and energy, Vicki

#1, it would have happened the first day, right? You saved it and gave it love, even for a little while. Be glad that you tried. It's not your fault that it happened hun, you did good in trying to help and you did help!! good for you for even caring !!

Awe, thanks yall.... got me all teared up again..... thanks for the love and support, it means alot to me!

Aww Sattie, I'm so sorry. My daughter's SO spent 2 days trying to save a baby bird and when it died, he was all broken up. I think it means your are a really, really nice person.

Sattie, you are not silly at all, only a kind hearted person. I've had birds hit the window trying to escape a hawk. I know I would have cried losing a bird.
hugs,
LadyCook

You are so sweet for trying.....thank you. Its natural to want to help those things which cannot help themselves.

Sattie - Youur intentions were to help one of Gods little creatures. The bird was better for what you did. It's not silly to do a kind thing. There is nothing wrong with being bummed. I would be too. Most likely, I would have done what you did too.

AC

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom