I'm Getting (re)Married!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
Almost 13 years ago and much to the disappointment of many family and friends, TB and I eloped in the back yard under an apple tree with just his best friend and my sister as witnesses. It was extremely romantic and one of the happiest days of my life.

We have been through a lot during these years and it took quite a toll on our relationship at times. This was a second marriage for me and first for TB. During these past couple of years since my Dad passed away and we have both been getting health issues under control, our relationship has taken a very positive turn. Last week we admitted we were truly in love and decided to renew our vows in church and in front of friends and family.

It will probably happen in August, though we have to set a firm date. It will be a small ceremony with a tea-style reception after. Then we will have a small dinner for only close family and friends in the evening. I will be planning both menus and designing the wedding cake, but I will get catering colleagues to do the work.

We are both very excited about this new chapter in our life together so I wanted to share it with you. Since we are all foodies, I thought I would report on the progress of the menus, and of course ask for feedback along the way.

Then, on September 15th we will have the honeymoon we never got - a 7 day Alaskan Cruise, round trip from Vancouver!

Well, we have had new babies, but never that I can recall a "bride!"

So many questions. Do you get a new engagement and wedding ring? Are you going to buy a wedding gown? Bridesmaids? Color scheme?

Congratulations. It is always good for the heart to hear of a marriage that can stand the test of time. Sounds like you two are still giddy about each other. Keep it going! :angel:

Sounds pretty cool. Re-newed vows and a trip to AK.
Have fun!

Thanks everyone, and I hope you won't mind me prattling on about it here. I feel like a young girl planning her first wedding.

Addie, it will be very simple, no wedding party, just us, and I have picked out my dress (one that I know PF will approve of!). It isn't a true wedding dress, but floor length and flowing...no train for me to trip on!

We haven't discussed new rings. I can't wear mine because my fingers keep changing size with swelling and losing weight.

As for colour scheme, our colours are purple (me) and green (TB) and that is what it will be. Though everything will be very simple.

I just got an email reply from a caterer friend. She is ecstatic about looking after the food and wants to meet this afternoon. I told her we haven't even set the date or told family, the pastor, etc. She has penciled in both of the dates we are thinking of so she doesn't double book them. I wanted to tell her first so I could make sure she was available. We have worked together before and are really on the same wavelength so I am really happy she can do it.

Here is my dress, in silver pewter. I will make a new underdress in some shade of purple. I will wear purple flats and probably just some baby's breath in my hair - no bouquet because I am allergic to most flowers and am not a fan of silk, though some of the newer ones are quite nice.

What a beautiful gown. Makes me want to get married again so I can wear one like it. That gown is breath taking. Hubby will lose his breath when he sees you in it. You are going to be one gorgeous bride. :angel:

Laurie, congratulations!! That is so wonderful. Reading all your plans is exciting. A friend of mine didn't want rings when she got married so she and her hubby went and got their ring finger tattooed with a Celtic knot ring. Another idea, since you can't carry flowers, have your bouquet made with cooking utensils! With your love of cooking and baking it would be very appropriate! Have fun planning it all. You two deserve all the happiness.

Laurie, congratulations!! That is so wonderful. Reading all your plans is exciting. A friend of mine didn't want rings when she got married so she and her hubby went and got their ring finger tattooed with a Celtic knot ring. Another idea, since you can't carry flowers, have your bouquet made with cooking utensils! With your love of cooking and baking it would be very appropriate! Have fun planning it all. You two deserve all the happiness.

Here is my dress, in silver pewter. I will make a new underdress in some shade of purple. I will wear purple flats and probably just some baby's breath in my hair - no bouquet because I am allergic to most flowers and am not a fan of silk, though some of the newer ones are quite nice.

Love the dress, purple will be fantastic underneath!!!

Almost 13 years ago and much to the disappointment of many family and friends, TB and I eloped in the back yard under an apple tree with just his best friend and my sister as witnesses. It was extremely romantic and one of the happiest days of my life.

We have been through a lot during these years and it took quite a toll on our relationship at times. This was a second marriage for me and first for TB. During these past couple of years since my Dad passed away and we have both been getting health issues under control, our relationship has taken a very positive turn. Last week we admitted we were truly in love and decided to renew our vows in church and in front of friends and family.

It will probably happen in August, though we have to set a firm date. It will be a small ceremony with a tea-style reception after. Then we will have a small dinner for only close family and friends in the evening. I will be planning both menus and designing the wedding cake, but I will get catering colleagues to do the work.

We are both very excited about this new chapter in our life together so I wanted to share it with you. Since we are all foodies, I thought I would report on the progress of the menus, and of course ask for feedback along the way.

Then, on September 15th we will have the honeymoon we never got - a 7 day Alaskan Cruise, round trip from Vancouver!
Congratulations for the second time around.

A friend of mine is getting married on an Arctic cruise in May.

Lovely dress

Congratulations!

I'll be following this thread closely, it will be so fun to see what you come up with!

I hope that there will be pictures!

Back
Top Bottom