I'm really sad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikki

Sous Chef
We decided that the time has come to put my dog Tyler to sleep. We will be doing this Sat., But everytime I think of every step that we will go through that day I cry. We've had him 14 years and I can't imagine what it will be like around here without him. He's like my shadow, if I'm up moving around he's right beside me. I'm just so sad.

I dread the day I might have to put Aspen to sleep for whatever reason... I'm sorry you have to do this but just like our human family and friends, it's time to move on at some point. You will deal with your loss just like any other and remember Tyler for the rest of your own life.

Ah honey, I'm sorry. I am so so sorry!! I don't know what to say to make it any better, just know that I'm thinking about you!!

It's the worst thing, mikki, I know. Terribly hard. But seeing your beloved pet continue to suffer is far worse.

Sending strength and positive energies to you!

Lee

Oh, mikki, I'm so sorry. I understand how you must feel.

Many years ago we had a 19-year-old Siamese kitty, Porky, who'd been with us since before any of the children were born. He was a feline angel.

When the children came along, Porky took care of them and loved them as if they were his. He let our daughter dress him up in her doll clothes and push him around in her doll baby carriage. He slept with all the children alternately. (There are 5 children, so he made the rounds at night.)

I did in-home daycare at one point and he played with and loved all the children, regardless of how they treated him. He was truly a lover.

When it became apparent that his health was failing and we had to consider saying good-bye, we had a family meeting to make our decision. Everyone agreed that he'd been too good a friend during all our lives to allow him to suffer. I couldn't take him to the vet. Buck did and brought Porky home to be buried.

When we were ready to bury him, Ryan, our youngest, halted the procedure and ran upstairs. He came back down with his prized possession, his R2D2 bath towel, to wrap the kitty in. It still brings tears to my eyes.

I'm sorry you're faced with such a heartbreaking decision, but your pet loves you and you love him enough to take care of him when his life isn't perfect.

Lots of love and hugs are sent your way from our house. Let the tears flow.

I feel so sorry for you - you just go ahead and cry. You have to try to remember all of the love and happiness he brought into your life. Dogs just don't live long enough.
We had to put our 16 yr old cat down last March becuase he had cancer - it was the saddest day of my life, but I was glad for the time we had together.

I'm so very sorry Mikki. I know how you feel. We had to do the same thing a few years ago with my baby when she was 13 1/2. It's so hard even when you know it's for the best.

Hi Mikki.... this is a tough choice and I know how heart breaking it is. I would just focus all your love and attention on him now while you have him with you, try to do fun things with him, give him treats, I know how painfu this isl. PM if you like, I know you have my info to contact me if you want. My heart is with you. And my love goes out to Tyler...

I'm soooo sorry sweetie....

:) Oh, Mikki I know how you feel it's the hardest thing to do, I so dread the day I must do the same the same but I plan on holding my creature until she or he passes with the help of the vet no matter how hard it is. Just the thought of it makes me cry.

Mikki,
I send you hugs and prayers for ease and peace with your Tyler, I had to do this not to long ago with my little doxie Maggie. While she cared for the whole family this little on was my shadow and one day she said no to food and water and I knew she was hurting and so the end had come..I still see her looking at me from my arms as the vet gave her the injection that brought the peaceful sleep and to this day I cry...I miss her so, but I try to remember all the joy she brought me and all the love no matter what...Miss her, yes terribly so much so that I still cannot even think of another dog..I hope one day some of the ache will leave when I think of her, till then I try to give all the love I can to the little red doxie my mom left behind and who needs attention and loving.
kadesma

I'm so sorry Mikki. I had a beloved dog for 15 years that was diagnosed with cancer. My discussion with the doctor proved that he would no longer be happy at home on the kitchen floor. I held him in my arms and said goodbye while the vet gave him a shot. He went peacefully. It was the hardest thing I ever did. I went out in the street and just bawled & howled. I think about how fortunate I was to have shared time together. I'm glad his suffering ended and I believe he is with Gods creatures.
Getting another best friend was my salvation.

Please know that my thoughts are with you during this difficult time. I have had so many beloved pets in my life and everytime I have to make this decision I tell myself no more, but I never last very long and soon I have a new best friend. You'll get through this and you'll know when your ready for the next one. Take the time and grieve.

oh my dear, this is such a hard thing to bear. give comfort if you can , by holding him when they give him the shot. i did that with my old Siamese. i did not want him to be scared. he was such a gentle soul. i cried and cried as we must. my daughter is facing the same thing with her fourteen year old border collie, the dog has cancer in his jaw. i hope she does not wait to long. she says she is eating and drinking and wagging her tail. it is very hard for her to do. it is never easy, try to see it as one more loving thing you can do for an old friend.

Dear Mikki, I do know how it is , been there more times than I can remember.
Sending hugs to you...
LC

i'm truely sorry mikki. there's no words to adequately describe the grief.

just try to think of all of the good times, and all of the love you gave each other. that's all any of us have in the end, really.

Mikki-I too feel your pain and I understand the anguish of your decision. I went through the very same thing with our little Bailey this past summer, and it was the most heart-wrenching thing I've ever had to do. A day doesn't go by that I don't think about her, and it still makes me so sad sometimes.

Sattie is right-relish the time you have left, and know that you are doing the right thing. So many great people came to prop me up when I had to do it, and we're all here for you now.

Thoughts & prayers are on their way.

Back
Top Bottom