I'm sorry...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PA Baker

Master Chef
I've been around very little lately and I'm sorry! I've been sick on and off for the last several weeks (sinus and ear infections, now bronchitis, the typical winter ick:mad: ) and have had my hands full just getting through the days with our little one let alone "playing" on the computer. My latest antibiotic seems to be helping so hopefully I'll be healthy and up to speed soon. I just wanted to let you guys know how much I miss you! Even the little I've been getting on to read still brightens my days. :)

Aww, PA, we miss you too!! You take care of yourself and just get better. Don't worry about us, we'll still be here when your able to get back!! Take care, friend!!

Aww...wish I could bring you some of my healing chicken soup. A hot toddy will also help, if you have anyone to help you with the kids in the evening.

Hot Toddy:
In coffee mug, place one individual tea-bag, water, and cinnamon stick. Nuke until tea is brewed. Remove tea-bag (it will probably make another cup), add one tablespoon of honey, one tablespoon of lemon juice, and 1-2 shots of good sipping whisky.

The lemon juice cuts the phlegm, the honey coats your throat, and the whisky calms your cough and makes you sweat out the fever.
Also, do put Vicks on your chest and back. It really does help break up the congestion.

Don't you worry about us. Yes we miss you a lot, but, we want you here feeling tip top and Sofia too. Get well, we all will be waitning for you.

hugs,
kadesma:)

PA........ you take care of yourself! We need you back at the virtual cafe. :chef: Heck, we just WANT you back. You really add to the forum and I DO miss you. PLEASE get some rest. And we ALL miss you! :in_love:

no worries poopsie :), just take care of yourself and we'll be here when you're up to it.
the first year goes so fast and there's so much to do, to watch out for, and so many changes that it makes your head spin sometimes.
just glad to hear you are on the mend.

no apologies necessary. We know you have your hands full w/Miss Sofie right now (and who wouldn't want to with that little cutie?)

Connie's hot toddy sounds like just the thing (after Miss S. is fast asleep, of course).

buckytom said:
no worries poopsie
Bucky, you've given me the biggest smile I've had all day!:)

Thanks, everyone! You're all so kind--and special! And that's why I miss being able to be around as much as I used to be! Yes, Sofie is a handful--she's already given up what little of a morning nap she used to take--but every minute is a blast! It's just meant not having as much selfish me-time (i.e. chatting with y'all!) but we'll get there. In the meantime, your friendship means so much to me! :flowers:

Poor thing!! I hope you will feel much better soon and get to enjoy the glorious spring with Sofia...
Here, to go with GB's chicken soup, this will energize you...

img_251881_0_aef3ece3acd7ab888fcbd94de66b321d.jpg
our special tiramisu!!

Get well soon, Stacy!!

That nap thing won't last long. You'll figure it out so she's napping in the morning again. We used to turn on the shower and stick Aidan in the bathroom in his bassinet. He slept so well & long in there! You can always take her for a drive, maybe a few days of that will get her back into the nap routine. I hope those antibiotics are kicking in and you're starting to be on the mend.

Kids are the most prescious little bundles of energy in the universe. Let your little Miss thrill you as you watch her grow, watch her learn new things every day, and listen to her when she affectionately tells you, both by words, and by the things she does, that you are the most important person in her world.

I too am hoping you mend quickly, and get to spend time with us here. But give everything you can to Sofie, and save the chats with grown-ups (at least I think I'm a grown-up, there are those who would say differently:LOL: ) for the times when she's napping, or at night when she's asleep.

Yes it is important to have a bit of "me" time. But it's so much more rewarding to see years of giving of yourself result in a beautiful young lady, who is strong, independant, with great values, and a plan for life.

I have a couple of those, and great sons as well. I wouldn't take back a minute of time given to them. They are my joy, and all the reward I will ever need.

Give lovingly of yourself and one day you will get to hear these words, and I quote from one of my daughters "Dad, you're my best friend." And when you do, your heart will melt. (Little girls are so good at wrapping thier Dads around the tiniest little fingers).

Get well and we'll enjoy your company and skills on this forum soon enough.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom