Impromptu family members

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saphellae

Head Chef
Do you ever have that one family member that always calls last minute saying they'll be here, after you're prepared everything?... lol

My uncle is like that.. he just called and said he'd be here in two hours!

Sheesh... lol.. I haven't heard from him in two weeks.

My aunt use to always come over around dinner time and he would go through my mom's refrigerator and start tossing things out. It use to make my mom very angry that she would throw things away but she was always happy to see her come over.

Whenever I went to visit my grandma, she would always want to feed me. It didn't matter the time of day or night--she was the kind of grandma who loved to feed people. She use to make a big breakfast for the meter reader.

Omg Susan.. someone going through my fridge like that would tick me off ! I am going to have a hard time even letting Nick's mom cook in my kitchen.. I was an only child, I never had to share my toys...................

Omg Susan.. someone going through my fridge like that would tick me off ! I am going to have a hard time even letting Nick's mom cook in my kitchen.. I was an only child, I never had to share my toys...................
I think it is an only child thing. Me? I'm thrilled when anyone volunteers to go through the fridge and throw out the science projects! And if they wanna cook in my kitchen - I give them all the room they want. I have no problem sharing.;)

I don't usually let women in my kitchen!:ohmy:

Since we don't have any contact with anyone on either side of the family, no worries about last minute visitors, traveling around from location to location, or last minute changes in plans.:-p

It's just us and the kids and we don't even have to change out of our PJ's (which is half the fun of the day!).:LOL:

The other half being playing with the kids new toys when they aren't looking!!:cool:

Problem is my aunt was not throwing out science projects. My mom cleaned out the fridge weekly. She tossed out bottles of dressing, ketchup etc. It was really wierd.

I would have a BIG problem with that aunt. I'm not an only child (but the oldest of four) and I'm rather proprietary about my kitchen. For years even dh wouldn't go in the fridge except for a drink of water or something else to drink. I still have a problem with him going thru whatever I've bought for a specific dish. He knows to ask now. I suppose retirement helped to make both of us lean a bit.

Back
Top Bottom