In appreciation of the people here.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrsmac

Head Chef
I just wanted to say how much I appreciate the kindness, care and respect shown to everyone who comes here. This is my first forum and inspired by my positive experience I joined an Australian pregnancy/motherhood forum. Well!!! My goodness, I have never seen such foul mouthed replies and nastiness. I was stunned, they are sooo awful to each other and you have to wade through tonnes of this garbage to find a useful post. It has made me see DC in even more glowing terms and appreciate you all so much more. (Now all we need is a pregnancy thread and I'll never need to go anywhere else ever again!!)

I have found some forums like that too. And DC is definately the best!!
Anytime you want to talk pregnancy, just ask or talk away. Lots of mothers here and I remember some things LOL

go on and open your thread.. :mrgreen:

but I must admit, you are right.. I enjoy beeing here and DC is one of my three favorite forums ;o)

mrsmac - congratulations! how far along are you? I have never been to any other threads so I have nothing to compare this to. I do know that I love the information here, but more so than that, I really feel like I have friends here.

I have a 19 mos old and a 13 year old - so I click with two groups - those with teens and those with toddlers (i know, what the heck was I thinking, right? Well, long story short, my toddler is my "blessing", if you know what I mean).

Would love to talk pregnancy and baby stuff with you - like texasgirl said, ask away!!

mrsmac, you must be due soon. i was a little afraid to ask so i'm glad mm opened her mouth...lol.

gb and i are here if you want a new dad's opinion.

push it out, push it out, wayyyyyy out! :)

This is by far a very special place for the reasons you just found out mrsmac. The people here truely are friends and are alwyas open to new friends joining the group. We all try to respect each other and it shows. I have seen many other sites (some cooking and some not) and not come close to comparing to DC. This really is a family!

Yes by all means start a pregnancy thread. There are ton of mothers (oh wait that doesn't sound good. Never say ton and mother in the same sentence :LOL:). There are lots of mothers here and fathers as well. We have a number of people who have recently given birth as well. And as you know, everyone here loves to talk :)

texasgirl said:
Anytime you want to talk pregnancy, just ask or talk away. Lots of mothers here ...

And Fathers, who know a thing or two, ... or three, ... or four, well, actually, five by the nimber of kids I have.

So, whatever question you have fire away.

:) DC has wonderfull people here that is for sure, everyone makes even the newbies feel like ole timers...
I have a baby that just turned 1 today as a matter of fact, and i have a 11,14,16 year old... :)

thanks for noticing mrsmac...

Last edited:
GB said:
This is by far a very special place for the reasons you just found out mrsmac. The people here truely are friends and are alwyas open to new friends joining the group. We all try to respect each other and it shows. I have seen many other sites (some cooking and some not) and not come close to comparing to DC. This really is a family!

Yes by all means start a pregnancy thread. There are ton of mothers (oh wait that doesn't sound good. Never say ton and mother in the same sentence :LOL:). There are lots of mothers here and fathers as well. We have a number of people who have recently given birth as well. And as you know, everyone here loves to talk :)

:LOL: your a riot GB...

buckytom said:
mrsmac, you must be due soon. i was a little afraid to ask so i'm glad mm opened her mouth...lol.

gb and i are here if you want a new dad's opinion.

push it out, push it out, wayyyyyy out! :)

:ROFLMAO: YOUR TO MUCH

GB said:
There are lots of mothers here...

GB, are you trying to say something about someone?? (You CERTAINLY couldn't be talking about me and Bucky! :angel: )

After all, depending on where you place the emphasis, 'mothers' can take on a whole new meaning! :rolleyes:

John

mrsmac, you've been away too long. (Stupid me forgot all about your pregnancy). Leave that nasty other site and come back here for all the baby conversation you might need.

As geebs said, we love to talk and we have plenty of polite opinions.

I agree and then some with everything everyone else has said.
I can't say enough about how wonderful Dc is. And there are
alot of parents on this site who can answers any questions you
might have. Just ask away !

Originally Posted by GB
There are lots of mothers here...

Ya GB...... RonJohn and I want to know what you mean by that!! :huh: :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

MrsMac I have been on here since April of 2003. I have seen LOTS of great changes. I think there were about 10-15 active members at the time. (KitchenElf was on before me, so Im sure she remembers) Anyhow, this IS a very special place! I have been on countless other boards and none come very close to the feeling and family we have here. There were a few spamers and rude folks. One of them that I remember said something very rude concerning Dove's dog.
17.gif
I think we took care of THAT person. :glare:

Quick story. I love the movie Anne of Green Gables. SO I decided to join the forum. Now if youre not familiar with the movie, it has to do with a heart-warming tale that has family values written all over it. So, MUCH to my shock, there was MUCH talk about s e x and a gay lifestyle. (among other not so childsafe things!!) :ermm: There are certain places for those things, but not in a forum where young children can visit. Furthermore there were 3 VERY VERY rude, condecending and downright MEAN people on there. Needless to say, I spoke my mind in a relaxed but firm way. I mentioned that there are children that visit the site and this is not a proper forum for such things. After all.... the forum was managed by the folks that made the movie! How could they allow it?! Well, I was booted via the admin for being 'rude'.
I called Sullivan Entertainment and spoke to the owner/operator and told her about Discuss Cooking as a golden example of how a good forum and community works. I just hope that they understand, and they look at THIS site as an example.

I agree and then some with everything everyone else has said.
I can't say enough about how wonderful Dc is. And there are
alot of parents on this site who can answers any questions you
might have. Just ask away !

Middie.... how are babies made? :ermm: :w00t:
26.gif

Michelemarie said:
mrsmac - congratulations! how far along are you? I have never been to any other threads so I have nothing to compare this to. I do know that I love the information here, but more so than that, I really feel like I have friends here.

I have a 19 mos old and a 13 year old - so I click with two groups - those with teens and those with toddlers (i know, what the heck was I thinking, right? Well, long story short, my toddler is my "blessing", if you know what I mean).

Would love to talk pregnancy and baby stuff with you - like texasgirl said, ask away!!

You are my kind of woman!!! My girls are 14 and 6 years old!
I am due in 9 weeks (5th June)
Its not even necessarily that I have many questions, just that I thought it would be nice to hang out with people who are pregnant too but they keep calling each other trolls and swearing so I just quit.
The pregnancy is going well but with the added drama of I fell down the stairs nearly 5 weeks ago and what they first thought was some ligamnet damage is now something requiring 2 hours of surgery tomorrow to screw my foot back together! I wanted to know if anyone else has had surgery while they were pregnant? my ob and surgeon have assured me its fine so I am not asking for medical advice (I won't make that mistake again!) But just for any personal stories.

One of them that I remember said something very rude concerning Dove's dog. I think we took care of THAT person. Yes you did DS and you were the first one to become my adopted grandson...

mrsmac, I'm a mom too, of a 15 year old, but still she is my baby. So feel free to post away and ask questions. Congrats on your new baby (5th June) you must be so excited.

One of them that I remember said something very rude concerning Dove's dog. I think we took care of THAT person. Yes you did DS and you were the first one to become my adopted grandson...

Awwwwwww....... :) Come here Grandma!!!
4.gif

Back
Top Bottom