In Loving Memory

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kitchenelf that is a lovely poem.
And the pictures are beautiful.
Marge again, I am so sorry for your loss.

kitchenelf said:
This is the collage Marge, et al, made for Paul's service. The picture in the middle is one I took of them in Napa Valley when they said they would "pretend" to like each other!

Last edited by a moderator:
kitchenelf said:
The picture in the middle is one I took of them in Napa Valley when they said they would "pretend" to like each other!

Honestly speaking, they are not doing a very good job "pretending to pretend".... they look very much like they TRULY adore each other!!:)
What a perfect couple, RIP Paul, and god bless, Marge!!

You are so right...I never understood it when people would say " you have to work at it to keep a good marriage"

As long as you are honest with each other, work at not fighting..Paul thought that was a waste of time..as the saying goes..Make love, not war. He saw enough of that so he wanted a peaceful home life.
Marge:)

Marge even though I rarely come to DC any more, for some reason something drew me here today. I was deeply sorry to see that Paul has crossed and you, Paul and your family have my prayers. I remember chatting with you and Paul a couple of times in the past about the Navy and I know how taps always affected me. I remember more than once standing at attention with a lump in my throat. Now is the time to start remembering all the good times that you and he had. All the fun and laughter, and let the healing start. He will be there for you when it is your time and then you two will be together for all eternity. God bless you.

Sharon

I (we) belomg to Military.com and can post to their discussion board. (Navy and Marine Corps) This is one of several that came in today. I thought it was special.

Posted Mon 13 November 2006 09:21
a great man passes on to aid the marines guarding the gates above... Thankyou chief for your serivce... May God Speed

Very special, Marge. Thank you Paul for guarding the Pearly Gates. If I am lucky and good enough to enter, I will salute you.

Dove said:
I (we) belomg to Military.com and can post to their discussion board. (Navy and Marine Corps) This is one of several that came in today. I thought it was special.

Posted Mon 13 November 2006 09:21
a great man passes on to aid the marines guarding the gates above... Thankyou chief for your serivce... May God Speed
How beautiful Marge, It is so obvious how much Paul was loved and admired, not only by you and your boys but by all those who were lucky enough to meet him.
hugs,
kadesma

From Kahlil Gibran...The Prophet:

Then Almitra spoke, saying, "We would ask now of Death."
And he said:
You would know the secret of death.
But how shall you find it unless you seek it in the heart of life?
The owl whose night-bound eyes are blind unto the day cannot unveil the mystery of light.
If you would indeed behold the spirit of death, open your heart wide unto the body of life.
For life and death are one, even as the river and the sea are one.
In the depth of your hopes and desires lies your silent knowledge of the beyond;
And like seeds dreaming beneath the snow your heart dreams of spring.
Trust the dreams, for in them is hidden the gate to eternity.
Your fear of death is but the trembling of the shepherd when he stands before the king whose hand is to be laid upon him in honour.
Is the shepherd not joyful beneath his trembling, that he shall wear the mark of the king?
Yet is he not more mindful of his trembling?
For what is it to die but to stand naked in the wind and to melt into the sun?
And what is to cease breathing, but to free the breath from its restless tides, that it may rise and expand and seek God unencumbered?
Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing.
And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb.
And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance.

' Gibran'

I read and read this passage from the book at least 35 years ago and came to really understand. It has helped me and I hope it can ease your pain a little more also Marge. I have it memorised!!

Peace to you xx

Marge asked me to post this

img_357478_0_a4c4b401c93fdd88f62891eb4dfbbce7.jpg

This thread will be gone after tomorrow. I requested that it stay through our Anniversary.

I want to thank all of you for your love and support through this difficult time.
You are the greatest group of people I have ever known,
Marge

While this thread may give way to time. Our love and respect for you will never leave, but grow bigger each day.You are one very special lady.

kadesma

Ditto what Kadesma has said. We all love and respect you, and that will never change. As tough as this may be, I would still like to wish you and Paul a happy anniversary. My departed parents' anniversary falls on November 24, so I do indeed feel for you tomorrow. We always celebrated it on Thanksgiving when the family got together, and I suspect you will as well. May your heart be warmed by your family and friends dear Dove.

Back
Top Bottom