In Remembrance of Our Dear Friend Buck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's true. I've never seen prayer vigils like the one that has been going on since Buck got sick. At least, not on a non-religious site. And that people are able to share some money when times are so tight just speaks to what a special group this is.

Yes, they can use all the help they can get. When my son was at Stanford Universety waiting for the bone marrow transplant they were paying $4,200.00 per month rent. that was on top of all the other expensess. when he passed she was left with $25,000 on her credit card.

I called the last hospital he was in and asked about flowers. They said they were not allowed in the room, but they try to arrange the flowers outside the rooms so they could be seen. I would guess that would be the same at this next hospital, but don't know for sure. Flowers are nice, but $ will help them much more.

I want to add how amazed and honored I am to be part of this group. People have dug deep into their pockets in a time when money is tight and have been selfless and generous beyond words. I have so much respect for the membership here. All of you are amazing the way you have all pulled together during this horrible crisis. There is just so much love here.

I am trying to remember the time I spent in the ICU, I had a plant buy yea not much room for anything else. We could also think about sending them to her hotel room...
Of course, send money they need for gas, meals, hotel first, but if there was any left over I think some nice flowers with a prayer or gift basket would be good.

I too would like to thank those that have gone far beyond the call of duty for an e-friend/family.

As I expressed with another member, I love this family and feel as though I have known them for years when in reality, we have never met. bad things happen to great people, but it is with a community like this, here at D.C., we can show that the W.W.W. has a heart.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Katie and Buck.

Katie, I just came back after several days away and saw the thread. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Buck.

Kate,

I am so sorry to hear about what is going on. I've just said some prayers for Buck.

Stay strong.

Andy

I haven't been on in a few days and really wish I could do more than just good thoughts and prayers. Too well, I know what it's like to watch someone go through something and have no control over it and no way to stop it. You both stay in my thoughts and I hope for a miracle for you.

I cannot help but wonder if CJ being sick has anything to do with Buck's illness or vice versa....

Just checking in. Good morning all. Saying prayers already this morning.
I see no NEWS overnight. I pray that's good news and that Katie has gotten some rest.​

I prayed all day yesterday. Prayed all through the night also and much this morning already. I hoped to come in this morning and see new information that Buck was in the new hospital.
Praying still and now...

First time I've been on in awhile and just saw this thread, Katie so sorry to hear about Buck you are both in my thoughts.
If anyone talks to Katie please tell her to ask the hotel if they have any special rates for extended stays or medical stays or any special rates that would help her out. Alot of hotel won't offer the rates, but if you ask most hotels DO have them.

I was "pushed" out of bed at exactly 12:28 and slid to the floor on my knees to pray. I really can't concentrate on much else.

The last I heard he had been moved and Katie was on her way. I sure hope someone rode with her or better yet, someone drove her! Prayers continue from me.

First time I've been on in awhile and just saw this thread, Katie so sorry to hear about Buck you are both in my thoughts.
If anyone talks to Katie please tell her to ask the hotel if they have any special rates for extended stays or medical stays or any special rates that would help her out. Alot of hotel won't offer the rates, but if you ask most hotels DO have them.
great idea Mikki, also, if they would let a variety of us who do have hotel privilages to use ours for their stay. Don't know if that read right.

I was "pushed" out of bed at exactly 12:28 and slid to the floor on my knees to pray. I really can't concentrate on much else.

The last I heard he had been moved and Katie was on her way. I sure hope someone rode with her or better yet, someone drove her! Prayers continue from me.
God is good KE, it took Him whatever He could to promote prayer. I've not been on my knees this much in a very long time.

Great idea Lefse. If you can post what chain of hotels she is staying in, we can all see if we have free nights or discounts. I'm pretty sure I have some deals on La Quinta Inns and I will check with other family members to see if they have points.

Back
Top Bottom