In the Category of What the Heck?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Our current weather situation has me waiting for the next shoe to drop. Himself keeps telling me we're going to be fine, but my Spidey sense is humming.

...a routine angioplasty...
I don't care how the medical professionals refer to it, sticking a tiny camera on a cable and shoving it through your veins to look at things is hardly what I would call "routine". :ermm: :ohmy:

Himself wants to know if the stroke is part of the "routine". :( I hope your dear next-door-neighbor recovers with no lingering problems. (((hugs)))

Gal Pal doesn't carry house keys with her because one of them is always home to open the door...
I have never not carried a house key with me. What is she thinking? I even have one hidden in the garage in case I forget to check the lock on the door when I go into the garage from the house. I learned to do that after having to ring the bell and pound on the door trying to get Himself to come down and let me in. :LOL: By the time he got to the door, I was fit to be tied...and there he is, in all his adorableness, waving at me through the sidelight. :ROFLMAO: Hidden key so I don't get tempted to kill the man...

Cooking Goddess; said:
I have never not carried a house key with me. What is she thinking? I even have one hidden in the garage in case I forget to check the lock on the door when I go into the garage from the house. I learned to do that after having to ring the bell and pound on the door trying to get Himself to come down and let me in. :LOL: By the time he got to the door, I was fit to be tied...and there he is, in all his adorableness, waving at me through the sidelight. :ROFLMAO: Hidden key so I don't get tempted to kill the man...

When we moved out here, I didn't want to be stuck locked out, without a key. So, when we had the locksmith come out to change locks, we had him install new combination door knobs for most all of them. The back door is different and the mechanism is part of the door, so that one we had him re-key. We installed a combination lock at Mom's house, after the first time she locked herself out and asked us to come unlock the door. I can't tell you how many times I would have been locked out going into the garage and not realizing the lock is still on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ginny, that combination lock doorknob is genius! I'll have to tuck that into the back pocket of my memory for the next house. Whether we build or buy, new locks are necessary. (So are new toilet seats. :LOL: )

We saw the combination locks at a local Home Show when we were still looking for a new house...and I made a "note to self" about that!

They are equally nice for out-of-town friends & family. We don't have to give them a key, just a set of numbers. And, one can change the numbers any time one feels the mood!

For the toilet seats, we changed out toilets, seat and all. DH is pretty picky about them, having been a plumber for a short stint. He likes the low flush that actually do flush...:ROFLMAO:

Ya know CG, I asked my Gal Pal if they had one of those keyless entries on the garage, as alot of folks do `round these parts and she said that her DH had not installed it as yet :mad:

Ginny, I too love that idea of the combination lock on at least one door to the house. I might do that for the door that leads from the garage into the house.

As to toilets and/or seats, when we had the house in Southern Arizona, we rented it out seasonally; once we retired and moved there permanently I had both toilets changed out to those super flushers... ya know the ones that have a special tank to send everything on it's way forcefully :LOL:

When we moved into this new home we built in Northern AZ, I knew darn well that the worker bees were using or toilets, so as I was walking into the house that very first time after closing, I had two new seats and a screw driver in hand... oh and some Lysol wipes :stuart:

K-Girl, that's what we did at Mom's house. The garage has a keypad to get into the garage, and the door from the garage to the house now has the same "combination" to get into the house. I do recommend getting the better batteries that can take the weather! At our house, we just did all the doors because we don't have to worry about having keys when we go to the RV garage, or to put the trash out, or to go fetch something from the garage freezer!! (Me!!) The front door was more of a bonus for friends & family...LOL.

IMG_1155.jpg

I bought this for a different recipe, but then decided that I'd
use this for my Cheese Ravioli filling.

First off, I thought I was buying a POUND of Cheese.
Second, this Ricotta had SO MUCH whey, that once I
mixed up the ingredients for the Ravs filling, it was
all watery!
Normally I should get 7 dozen Ravs with my usual
recipe, but using this inferior product, I only got six dozen
(minus 2 that exploded when they were extracted from the form :ermm:)

WHAT THE HECK?!

Get with the program, K-Girl. [emoji6] 15 ounces=one pint. 30 ounces=one quart (I'm looking at you, mayonnaise). Heck, ice cream half gallons have shrunk to 48 ounces - for the same price as a half gallon. It's been going on for ages. You have to check the label.

Get with the program, K-Girl. [emoji6] 15 ounces=one pint. 30 ounces=one quart (I'm looking at you, mayonnaise). Heck, ice cream half gallons have shrunk to 48 ounces - for the same price as a half gallon. It's been going on for ages. You have to check the label.

Yeah! I'm with you on the mayonnaise.

Tuna used to come in 7-ounce cans. Now 5-ounce cans are becoming rare.

My 'what the heck' is the canned tuna as well.

Only for me it is the availability of tuna in oil!

I dislike the water packed tuna, tasteless! The oil packed, IF you can find it, almost always $1 more.

msmofet, I wish I could say the same. This is what we have available. And you only get 4 ounces of tuna in the five ounce can.

7436034F-BE67-4A23-ADEE-37046D4D59DF_1_105_c.jpg

D5924B62-FCF1-42BE-93C1-703877565910_1_105_c.jpg

What the heck is this? Help!!!

Since moving from Hawaii to Arizona, I have found this weird
pink, I don't know what to call it, scrum, just under the water
level in the bowl of our toilets.

IMG_1448.jpg

I've tried searching the Internet to no avail ...
WHAT THE HECK IS THIS?

Any and all comments would be appreciated.
MIA, Mahalo (that's thanks in Hawaiian) in advance

Minerals in the water will precipitate out of the water and deposit on the porcelain. I have no clue what the pink is specifically. It also could be some sort of mold/bateria/spore/etc. in the water that grew in the bowl. This can happen if that toilet is idle for an extended period.

Minerals in the water will precipitate out of the water and deposit on the porcelain. I have no clue what the pink is specifically. It also could be some sort of mold/bateria/spore/etc. in the water that grew in the bowl. This can happen if that toilet is idle for an extended period.

Right, that's what I was kinda thinkin' Andy.
Our commodes get a good work out and what with SIP ... it's still happening.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom