In the Category of What the Heck?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
Whenever I go to the market, I look around,
what's new, what's different …

IMG_4383.jpg
Who da thunk it?
Spray Duck Fat?

IMG_4384.jpg
SAY WHAT?
We can't fill a pastry bag with frosting ourselves?
GEEZ!!

Have you seen something in the market
that made you think,
What the heck?

Is the frosting in a cold case? Or is it shelf stable in the baking aisle.

Last edited:
Most spray fats/oils are sketchy as far as spraying right. I can't imagine duck fat coming out of a spray can right.

I wouldn't mind being able to buy duck fat for pan frying, but I'd prefer a plastic tub of it, so I could scoop some out with a spoon.

CD

Most spray fats/oils are sketchy as far as spraying right. I can't imagine duck fat coming out of a spray can right.

I wouldn't mind being able to buy duck fat for pan frying, but I'd prefer a plastic tub of it, so I could scoop some out with a spoon.

CD
According to customer comments at Amazon, most of it never does come out of the can. The Fatworks jar next to it is less expensive per ounce at Kaneo's store and Amazon but her store has the lower price for both.
I reckon aerosol Duck Fat is a sucker's product.

According to customer comments at Amazon, most of it never does come out of the can. The Fatworks jar next to it is less expensive per ounce at Kaneo's store and Amazon but her store has the lower price for both.

Right? That's what I thought too! When I see stuff like this in stores, my mouth gapes open and I just shake my head.
A coupla times I've uttered, quite loudly I might add, "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?"
Folks'll turn around and come towards me to see what's the to-do... I point in dismay and reply REALLY? :LOL:

Most of that stuff escapes my notice. I linger in produce, less so in meats and dairy, but those center aisles are strictly shopping list only.

I find the duck fat jars more surprising (because I have never seen them before) than the frosting filled pastry bags (people are always ready to pay for convenience).

That doesn't surprise me. I can't imagine duck fat coming out of an aerosol can. It just doesn't seem plausible.

CD

What the heck: frozen pre-cooked white rice.

Expensive and not really much faster than cooking it yourself. Directions say microwave on high for 8 minutes and then let stand for 2 more....

What the heck: frozen pre-cooked white rice.

Expensive and not really much faster than cooking it yourself. Directions say microwave on high for 8 minutes and then let stand for 2 more....

Minute Rice sells rice in little containers that you microwave for 60 seconds. It is not as good as properly cooked rice, but is not bad, either, if you are using it in a gumbo or other food with a lot of liquid. If you just want one serving of rice, it does the job.

CD

Janet, I had to look that one up, I'd never heard or seen that at the market

https://www.walmart.com/ip/CJ-Cooke...edirectid=15616763168768852161710070301008005

8oz single pack for $6 at Walmart, WHAT?

Whenever I make a fresh pot of Steamed White Rice,
I make more than what we need at the time and portion
it out into freezer zip top baggies and freeze it for later.
When you need just one (or in our house 2) servings of Rice,
I unzip the baggie about 1 inch, place it on a microwave
proof dish and nuc it for about 1 minute, just
like fresh rice and pennies!

I guess I'm just cheap. I buy rice in twenty pound bags because it's half the price of the two pound bag/box.

My produce department has potatoes wrapped in plastic wrap with a label that says "Ready for Microwave".

:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom