In the opinion of adults

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
YT2095 said:
ask her This: Where does she think you got the money from to Buy the gift in the first place?

if that question ( with it`s built in Duuugh factor answer) doesn`t make her realise something, you should sell her Brain on eBay, you get a fortune for goods that are unused ;)

hahaha that is a good point. However we didn't talk last night and she called me today and apologized and said sorry that she was being like that and she understands what happened. I believe she did not want to go out tonight because her best friend wouldnt be able to come. However, she came to her senses and me her and another couple we are close with are going out for dinner tonight. Thanks for all the support everyone, I dont even talk about cooking on here half the time its like you guys are my physcologists!

I agree with most of the others, she's immature.
You are trying to be responsible.
Find someone who wants to be responsible too.

Andy M. said:
You are not a bad boyfriend. Being a good boyfriend does not include risking your job to take her to dinner on her birthday.

The fact that she reacted as she did tells me more about her than it does about you. Get the necklace back and tell her to go fly a kite.

+1

sounds like she has some growing up to do.

Gaaah, I still say sell her brain on eBay, I mean it`s not like she`s gunna Miss it or anything :)

I am glad she apologized to you. You did not deserve to be treated that way. And I agree with the others who said $300 is a lot to be spending on a girl at this point in your life. Save that money now. You will be happy you did later on.

You did nothing wrong, sure she has a right to be a little disapointed, but to go that far is a little overboard, you migght be better off.

GB said:
I am glad she apologized to you. You did not deserve to be treated that way. And I agree with the others who said $300 is a lot to be spending on a girl at this point in your life. Save that money now. You will be happy you did later on.

+1

I told my GF flat out from the start that I am building my 1966 Mustang and if it means we have to have a homemade picnic for her birthday or Valentines day or any other holiday, that's what it means. She didn't wanna hear about it at first, but she know that I will do what I can to put her first either way and wouldn't spend money I don't have on the car.

I'm not really one to talk seeing as Crystal andI were dating for 2 weeks before her 25th B-day and I went out and spent the last 100 bux I had on her. 75 on a Victoria's Secret GC and the remaining on a card, chocolates and a beanie baby. I knew I would have to hold on to her when I handed her that and she handed me a Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male set.
pimp.gif

I don't mind spending my money on her cause I know she'll buy me things in return. I'm going out and getting her a Wii as a "just because" gift. It was originally supposed to be her V-day gift, but they sold the last bundle to the guy in front of us so I got her Dior perfume instead. The stuff is E-X-P-E-N-S-I-V-E! LOL!! J/K!

Tsi, you need someone who understands the reality of life.

When we got married we lived for quite a while cooking with a pot, two sets of 'silverware', one lousy cutting knife, an enamel baking dish, and an hibachi. All purchased at K-Mart.

We were lucky to get a mattress, but not a bed.

After a while we were able to negotiate a set of embarrassingly tacky furniture to sit on.

But we kept going, together.

And by being there, always together, we got through and are now doing OK.

No engagement ring, we could not afford one. No great gifts on birthdays or at other times, no money.

Maybe because of the difficult times we started with, we can now deal with those that come along. And believe me difficult times intrude on all our lives.

But through it all we know we will manage together.

And so I give you this piece of advice for what it is worth.

Just my humble opinon, but you don't need this gal.

Her attitude is what can you do for me? Not what can we do together.

There are many good people out there and she sounds like she needs to grow up a bit.

As difficult as it may seem to you, would suggest you find the nearest exit and walk away. However difficult you may find that decision, in the long run I believe you will be better off.

Couldn't have put it better myself Dot!

I decided it would be best for Crystal and I to work on getting all the cookware, tableware, housewares furnature, ect., ect., that we would need together before we moved out. Now we are just working on getting it back out of her room and into my room at my parents house. Her only stipulation was that she doesn't want to move out without a ring on her finger. I agreed seeing as I had been there and done that. I made that mistake before. We've got nearly everything we need and now we are working on getting up the money for furnature (about 4 grand) and rent (first month inc. dep. and at least three months just in case).

I'm glad to hear she cleared things up with you, but just watch out for yourself bud.

:ermm: She is young and probably read too many fairy tales.We all want the fairy tale but that is not reality.However it it takes years and having a demanding job of her own to realize that you can not always have the the perfect day.I have spent many christmas ,thanksgivings,valentines alone because of a job.Of course you call,send a gift etc early if you can.
What really counts is the quality time you spend together when you can and the things you do and give for no reason at all.
My DH and I have been married 10 years we dont take xmas,valentines or even anniversarys{spelled wrong Im sure} very seriously because every day should be a holiday.Im hoping she is as generous to you, if not it's a one way street.

You know what, ts, a good relationship is like a see-saw. It goes down. It goes up. Except...there are two people operating it. That's the catch. When one is down, the other works to catch up to make things happen. And it works, time and time again. I've been there, in a relationship that was one-sided and one that is 100%-100%. I'll take the last one every time.

It sounds to me that your girlfriend is more interested in what keeps "her" going than what makes the two of you going as a team.

I think the best thing for you to do is to distance yourself from her, gradually if necessary, and then find someone who will appreciate you.

And, as someone else said, save your money for college or something else. You'll not regret it.

Best wishes for a happy ending. They DO happen. You'll see.

Last edited:
Dove said:
My honest advice, Find an older woman and do what you can. If a woman doesn't understand that you can only do so much and can't forgive you for something that minute, that she is not worth your time. I'd say, get you ring and necklace back, visit I Do...Now I Don't to sell the ring at a reasonable price and find an older woman! WOO-HOO!!!!!!

Hey Kid...I'm available..LOL LOl LOl
Grandma Dove

Oh yea, she's back!!!!!! :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

tsi88kid - I don't know what you mean when you say you MIGHT have accidentally forgotten to take her birthday off of work - did you forget? If you did then you've got some making up to do! If your relationship is a good one to begin with it will work out but you've just got to face the fact that you messed up. If you TRULY couldn't get off work then that is something SHE will have to figure out herself.

It's more about the time spent together. I make sure to interact with Crystal from the time she gets home to the time we fall asleep. Even if it's as little as me cooking and her standing ther talking to me. It's the memories more than anything. We take lots of pictures every time we go out so we can cherish forever the things we did. We spend quite a bit on each other for holidays, but we work extra hard to do it. We celebrate everything, but our "just because" gifts are the greatest.

I brought a rose to Cyrstal while she was at work for no reason what-so-ever about 6 months ago and the girls she works with are still talking about it. They thought I had done something wrong! LOL!!!

I realized today that she never has acted like this before and that it might be the whole college thing and AP classes and huge research papers that got her a little stressed and worked up. I really believe that might have contributed to her anger and the way she acted.

tsi88kid said:
I realized today that she never has acted like this before and that it might be the whole college thing and AP classes and huge research papers that got her a little stressed and worked up. I really believe that might have contributed to her anger and the way she acted.

Your words demonstrate that you are a thoughtful , generous hearted and caring person. I hope all works out for good in the end.:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom