Internet Explorer 7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, so far I'm deciding not to upgrade. I am not unduly concerned with security but when we eventually get a new computer I am going to be more careful in my consideration of a browser. You all have been most helpful. thank you.

Alix I have Internet Explorer but I don't know what version it is. It has been working fine for me and I have no trouble with it.

I hope you and your family are having a nice weekend.

Enjoy it Buck. It really is light years ahead of IE. Make sure to check out all the extensions that you can add on. There are some really great ones that make life so much easier.

GB - why won't my browsing tabs show up? I just downloaded 2.0 - when I was on the firefox homepage there was that tab and discuss cooking - now nothing shows up as tabs at the top of the page - ?????

Kitchenelf,

Go to Tools, Options and choose the tabs icon. Uncheck the box for "Hide the tab bar when only one web site is open."

I don't have that option - but I have an option that says "always show the toolbar" - I guess that should be checked?

EDITED TO SAY - "Always show the TAB bar" - not tool bar!

Last edited:
kitchenelf said:
I don't have that option - but I have an option that says "always show the toolbar" - I guess that should be checked?

EDITED TO SAY - "Always show the TAB bar" - not tool bar!

That should do it. You must have different version than I.

I just downloaded 2.0. If I have two windows for DC open at the bottom of my screen (two different locations at DC) shouldn't I have two tabs open too?

I am still running Firefox 1.5, but if 2.0 works the same, to open a new tab, you double-click on a blank part of the tab bar. If you go to the Firefox icon to open the new location, it will start a new instance of Firefox, instead.

I don't know anything about 2.0. It is still in beta mode so I am not installing it yet as all the bugs are not worked out yet and not everything is working the way it is supposed to. I am waiting until it is officially release before I upgrade to that.

GB said:
I don't know anything about 2.0. It is still in beta mode so I am not installing it yet as all the bugs are not worked out yet and not everything is working the way it is supposed to. I am waiting until it is officially release before I upgrade to that.

Yep, me too. I never put beta software on a production machine.

GB said:
Make sure to check out all the extensions that you can add on. There are some really great ones that make life so much easier.

GB, I downloaded Firefox, and it seems to be working great. A question about the extensions...I'm pretty ignorant about some of that stuff. Which would you recommend?

There are so many Constance and each person has ones like like or dislike.

To start with let me recommend Adblock and Adblock Filterset.G Updater. Those are two seperate extensions, but they work together. What they do is get rid of ads on web pages. I have not seen a single ad since I installed them. They those and then when you are ready, let me know and I will recommend more :)

Back
Top Bottom