iRobot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
corazon90 said:
My sister wants to buy me one of these.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000AO1HSA/qid=1150927062/sr=1-3/ref=sr_1_3/103-9622380-0350266?%5Fencoding=UTF8&s=kitchen&v=glance&n=284507
Do you know of anyone who has one? pros/cons? I'm not sure what to think but it looks good to me and I'd love to have my floors clean!

That's the model I have for about a week now. (My first was a roomba. Liked it, but it didn't hold a charge after 6 mos.) Bought the roomba at BB&B with a 20% off coupon.

It does a great job; and this one goes back to the charging base & has the remote. Bought this one (same model you're thinking about) on ebay (new, not refurbished) for about $200 + about $25 shipping. I'm very happy with it, and haven't used my vacuum at all.:)

Edited to add: The iRobot is a little lighter in weight, the brush isn't as sturdy, & I had to lift it to go over a big area rug. The roomba did & was heavier/sturdier. On the plus side, I think I've seen replacement batteries and brushes on ebay. The old Roomba, I couldn't get to the battery to change it. If this holds a charge, I'm satisfied.

There is one more model out there (called the scheduler?), but it's more expensive. All things considered, I think it's worth the money. It picks up everything (dust etc) from the floors (bathroom and kitchen), and went under the bed. LOL. You need a AA battery for the remote (no biggie), and maybe batteries for the virtual walls. I just lock it in the bathroom or bedroom, or lay a dining room chair in the threshholds (sp).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom