Iron Chef America Season 2 starts In july.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kleenex

Master Chef
On the commercials they had so far I can 100% say that Todd English, Former Iron Chef USA on the UPN version of the show will be on.

I also thought I saw in those commercials, Roy Yamaguchi who was Iron Chef Asian on the UPN version of the show and the Two Hot Tamales as well. Also I thought I saw Kerry Simon who lost to Todd English on the UPN version of the show as well. Could not tell, it went so fast.

They need to seriously change the format. Having the "Chairman" decide who challenges who really s.ucks. Requiring every single Chef to put out 5 dishes sucks as well, because I would rather put out 3 or 4 unbelievable dishes because I have the time to do it, and not require a fifth that may or may not be mediocre. They need to put together this lineup:

Iron Chef American - Charlie Trotter
Iron Chef Asian - Ming Tsai
Iron Chef French - Thomas Keller or Eric Ripert
Iron Chef Italian - Mario Batali

I never did like the 5 dish rule from the UPN or Food TV version of the show.

I would have a 3 dish minimum though.

agreed kleenex, and iron chef, the chairman does suck. why even have a chairman? just have an m.c. of sorts, even if it's just alton.

and the 5 dish rule makes no sense. it handicaps the chefs. unless the rule is to only be applied to the iron chefs. ya know, that they're so good they can always do 5.

chairman is so overdramatic... it should be funny but it's just not. Just the announcers would serve the show well. I've watched a few of the IronChef America episodes, and have been a littl dissapointed. In the older version they used to use more exotic secret ingredients, like shark fin or squid. I watched an ICA last week, and the secret was potatoes! My g/f's cousin was watching w/ me, and said that a previous episode had been cheese. I just don't really know what's entertaining or interesting about potatoes and cheese...

Well college_cook I think cheese and potatoes are a great main ingredient. These are staples of cooking and offer a good challenge.

In the Japan versionof the show they have done Rice a couple of times, Yogurt, Tofu, Natto, Baby Pork, Lots of fish items, various types of mushrooms, other types of meat, cheese, a few desert battles.

I like the chairman though, but I wish Alton had a sidekick next to him just like the Japanese and the UPN show had.

I can 100% now say that the Two Hot Tamales will be on. I saw that same commercial again this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom