Iron Chef Holiday All Stars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Callisto in NC

Washing Up
Okay, for me I couldn't stop laughing when I saw this tid bit:

Iron Chef America All Star Holiday Battle Sunday, November 25th at 9PM ET/PT with Cat Cora and Paula Deen pitted against Tyler Florence and Robert Irvine.

Maybe it's just me, but I can't picture Paula going mach two and cooking up a storm in Iron Chef fashion, but she's got Cat with her, so she'll at least come in second. Go team Tyler and Robert (neither an Iron Chef btw).

I'll be sure to watch that. I think Tyler and Robert have the upper hand, because I don't know how, if at all, Chef Cora will be able to light a big enough fire under Paula Deen to expedite her cooking. Paula is the queen of take your time cookin' but man it sure tastes good!

Love Paula, and always pull for Cat but boy, in her kitchen Paula sure is Southern - but! she does have a very successful restaurant and she didn't earn that by just standing in front of the counter and talking!

Love Paula, and always pull for Cat but boy, in her kitchen Paula sure is Southern - but! she does have a very successful restaurant and she didn't earn that by just standing in front of the counter and talking!

True, but IMHO nothing Paula makes can really be expedited into the 60 minute time frame. Chef Cora obviously knows how to speedily prepare dishes, and on a grander scale so does Robert. Tyler is pretty good, but the fastest thing he does is talk.

As I said, I'll for sure look forward to it.

I like how FN is kind of intermingling some of the shows: as one point they had Giada and Bobby Flay vs. Rachel Ray and Mario Batali. Just a couple weeks ago, Guy Fieri was on Dinner:IMPOSSIBLE. Of course, Emeril has had various friends in the show as well.

I like Paula but I just can't imagine how they'll light enough of a fire under her to succeed in kitchen stadium. Then there's the "secret ingredient" which Robert will work with no matter what they put in front of him and Tyler can jump in on that, but unless the secret ingredient is butter, Paula's going to be hanging on and praying. She's just got that slowness that some southern ladies enbody.

I liked Guy verses Robert ~ they are obviously pushing Robert right now and their "newer" stars. What I would love to see is Guy on Emeril. That would be a good show.

Last edited:
Guy on Emeril? That would be completely NERTZ!

The proposed special sounds more like "Plastic Chef" than "Iron Chef" to me..... :LOL:

I love Paula and Tyler both on any show they have had. But I wished they would bring back the japanese version of Iron Chef, I like that part hands down to what they have now. I won`t even watch this american version.

Nertz=Nuts! no insult at all.. I think they would have a he!! of a good time together. I am NOT an Emeril-basher. :)
Thanks for the translation! I hadn't heard that used in the modern era (heard it on I Love Lucy a long time ago). I just know a lot of people don't like Guy. I think he's great and the energy between he and Emeril would be hysterical.

I love Paula and Tyler both on any show they have had. But I wished they would bring back the japanese version of Iron Chef, I like that part hands down to what they have now. I won`t even watch this american version.

this version is so much better than the junky UPN version that lasted only two tapings.

Back
Top Bottom