Is DC Hazardous To Your Health?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry to hear of your and the other DCers' ills. May it be that your nightmarish episode is now past tense. That surely stinks/stank/stunk.

I'm back from the removal process and feel great! It was immediate 100% relief. I feel normal again except for some residual soreness in the "area". :):):):):)

Wow Andy it sounds pretty bad to be sick in your part of the world. My husband has been unwell with Non Hodgkins Lymphoma for two years, he had a donor bone marrow transplant 7 months ago and so far all tests are cancer free, but believe me I totally sympathise with the catheters and pain and horribleness of illnesses. We have never encounted anyone as inept at their job as that dr you described. I have a Paramedic background and worked very remote areas for many years, this site seems to attract medically trained people. I'm glad to hear you are feeling better, drink heaps of water as you have prob been told.

Wow Andy it sounds pretty bad to be sick in your part of the world. My husband has been unwell with Non Hodgkins Lymphoma for two years, he had a donor bone marrow transplant 7 months ago and so far all tests are cancer free, but believe me I totally sympathise with the catheters and pain and horribleness of illnesses. We have never encounted anyone as inept at their job as that dr you described. I have a Paramedic background and worked very remote areas for many years, this site seems to attract medically trained people. I'm glad to hear you are feeling better, drink heaps of water as you have prob been told.

Thanks, HCL. I hope your husband continues with good health.

To clarify, it was the assistant who mishandled the Dr's directions.

Andy M. said:
I'm back from the removal process and feel great! It was immediate 100% relief. I feel normal again except for some residual soreness in the "area". :):):):):)

Fantastic! So glad you didn't have to wait and are all better!

I am just curious. There have been tons of ads on TV for the new catheters. Did they use one on you? the soreness will pass. I take it that this is the first time you had to have a catheter. Here's hoping it is the last time.

I am sooo glad you are feeling better. My DIL has cancer of the bladder many years ago. They built her an artificial bladder. She was never able to learn to urinate on her own again. So she had to use catheters every day. At the beginning she couldn't get the hang of it. So my son had to do it for her. One day when he had his eighth heart attack, he was in the hospital. DIL came in with her paraphernalia, climbed up on his bed and son proceeded to insert her catheter and drain her bladder. The nurse walks in and couldn't believe what she was seeing. :)

Lactobacillus acidophilus is one of six goodies that's supposed to be in Stoneyfield organic. I'm not partial to yogurts but Stoneyfield is a passable med. My wife bought some today, and after having 4 or 5 tablespoonsfull, she said it tasted so creamy that she took the container out of the fridge and checked to make sure she had bought yogurt.

Last edited:
Yay Andy! Now just make sure you are going and not holding back. I hope the Flomax does it's job.

I decide to keep up with the trend and yesterday, whole day was working on trying to pass a kidney stone, without any pain killers. That was fun let me tell you. NOT. I am still working on that today, but at least I got some good drugs. Doctor told me the pain is comparable to labor pains, oh my. :sick::(:cry:

I decide to keep up with the trend and yesterday, whole day was working on trying to pass a kidney stone, without any pain killers. That was fun let me tell you. NOT. I am still working on that today, but at least I got some good drugs. Doctor told me the pain is comparable to labor pains, oh my. :sick::(:cry:

Drink 3 tablespoons of lemon juice a day, that will dissolve the stones. Shrek and my Dad both had problems with stones, they have cleared up since they started with the lemon juice.

CharlieD said:

Horrible, Charlie! THE worst pain, ever!

DH was dropped to his knees, emergency room, all that. Sure hope you get rid of it soon!

Had no idea about the lemon juice, PF, thanks!

Last edited:
A couple of years ago we had a news blurb that Mass. Gen. Hosp. had developed a treatment whereby they were able to zap gall and kidney stones into dust with laser. Evidently it wasn't as great as the report made it seem. People are still suffering with these stones. Or MGH is keeping the secret to themselves. :ermm:

They can do that with Shock waves delivered from outside the body, they are used to break up the stone.

Haven't heard of laser use.

Last edited:
I'm sorry you are going through this Charlie.

My doctor told me to drink weak lemonade every day for mine. He said it acts like Slick-50 and helps keep stones from forming.

The thing is, lemonade/lemon juice work IF you have a certain type of kidney stone (the most common type, I believe), but if yours are caused by something else, lemonade may not work. There are a few different causes of kidney stones--what helps one kind may cause another kind.

They can do that with Shock waves delivered from outside the body, they are used to break up the stone.

Haven't heard of laser use.
My Consultant Darth Vader is going to Laser Zap my stones next month. They give you a general then stick a laser probe up your smekkle and start playing space invaders.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom