Is it just me, or...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
...do red bell peppers smell a little like gasoline when YOU cut them up? Am I weird all in my own corner? Anyone is free to join me. :)

BTW, feel free to add your own "Is it just me..." query. Make note of the topic in the "Title" line, though. Kinda like using your car's signal when making a turn. ;)

Is it just me, or does the smell of lard melting in a pan make everyone else nauseous, too?

I don't know about the peppers, because I don't like hot things and a little cayenne is as far as I'll go.

Is it just me, or does the smell of lard melting in a pan make everyone else nauseous, too?

I don't know about the peppers, because I don't like hot things and a little cayenne is as far as I'll go.

It's just you ;)

Bell peppers aren't hot. They have a Scoville rating of 0.

Red bell peppers are considered "sweet" peppers, they aren't hot. The same with orange, yellow and green bell peppers.

It's just you ;)

Thanks. :glare: Why am I not surprised? At least I know I'm unique!:ROFLMAO:

Bell peppers aren't hot. They have a Scoville rating of 0.

Red bell peppers are considered "sweet" peppers, they aren't hot. The same with orange, yellow and green bell peppers.

Hmmmm.......maybe I'll have to try some. Now THAT would be something new for me.

We must use different lard. If my lard smelled like bacon, I'd be burning my tongue licking it out of the pan and I'd never use olive oil again.

I guess so. Where did you get your lard from? I got mine from a whole-animal butcher shop. I went to a class where the butcher demonstrated how to break down a half a pig and I bought a few pounds of the fat right then.

I put it in an enameled cast iron dish and baked it at a low temperature for a few hours. Some bits stuck to the side of the dish and caramelized. Mmmmm.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom