Is That You God?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BettyR

Senior Cook
I went out to clean my brooder this morning and I like to snap a picture right before I start (hands are clean then) so I can see how well the babies are growing from picture to picture.

I was putting the pictures on my computer when my son walked in and he started laughing!!! I said, “What’s so funny?!?” He pointed at this picture and said, ”Is that you God?”

Of course I had to laugh, then I hit him for being such a smart a$$.

img_591484_0_30d509ae31394b447d9421fe8b4c918b.jpg

Very cute chickie in the middle looking up. Is that what the God reference was for?
What are the bricks for?

Very cute chickie in the middle looking up. Is that what the God reference was for?
What are the bricks for?

I went out to clean my brooder this morning and I like to snap a picture right before I start (hands are clean then) so I can see how well the babies are growing from picture to picture.

I was putting the pictures on my computer when my son walked in and he started laughing!!! I said, “What’s so funny?!?” He pointed at this picture and said, ”Is that you God?”

I made the brooder out of 3 cardboard boxes that I duct taped together then lined with plastic sheeting the covered with pine shavings. The bricks are there to hold the plastic sheeting down so the babies can’t scratch it up, get under it and suffocate.

I thought the bricks had some hi-tech chick raising use I hadn't read about. Thanks.

I thought the bricks had some hi-tech chick raising use I hadn't read about. Thanks.

Nope...pretty low tech. I didn't want to spend any money on a brooder because you use them for such a short time; I like to be able to toss mine when I'm done with it.

"When I told the caterer 'chicken', I should have been more specific."

My new chickies, with the neighbor's dog, Murphy.

Opening a box of chicks is like Christmas in the spring!

I think I see Ameraucanas, Black Australorps and maybe some New Hampshire Reds. What else did you get?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom