Is this forum about cooking?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't have that option. I just have 1.0 and 3.0.

Sorry Pac. I was being lazy and didn't check. I'm using 3.0 under Edit Options. At the very bottom of all the edit options is a check box to turn off the right hand column. It's right under the option for version 1.0 or 3.0.

Last edited:
I was positive I put a reply here near the beginning, but it must have been about cooking so it was filtered out! :rolleyes:

:ROFLMAO:

I ask because less than 1/2 of the most recent posts have any connection to food/cooking/recipes/etc.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
Yes, this forum is about cooking--we share food challenges, meals we cook daily (Today's Menu), looking for recipes, ideas for menus, sharing recipe tweaks that have worked (and failed) etc. We also share information about food labels, substitutes for ingredients, kitchen gadgets, cookbooks, etc. In the "off-topic forum" areas we share struggles we face in life, losses we experience, frustrations, and milestones. This community is a family. We care when someone hasn't been on the forum for awhile or is hospitalized, has lost his/her job, is struggling with making ends meet, etc. Yes, there are tons of recipes and ideas to inspire you as a cook. As a human being, there are people who are people outside of the kitchen and reach out to their fellow DCers for moral support. If you only want recipes, I suggest you search Food Network or other similar sites. If you want to be part of a food community that resembles a community gathering at a barn raising or old-fashioned church supper, DC is the place to hang out.

Perhaps someone didn't read the very large title.

Under DiscussCooking at the top of each page, underneath this it also says:

Discover Cooking. Discuss Life.

It's simple, yes?

With love,
~Cat

Perhaps someone didn't read the very large title.

Under DiscussCooking at the top of each page, underneath this it also says:

Discover Cooking. Discuss Life.

It's simple, yes?

With love,
~Cat

Yes, Cat, it is. But some people just like to make things complicated. And it worked. The OP is gone and we are all still talking/laughing about it!

I've become a much better cook since I joined here. I'm so very grateful!

I think I've learned about life very much here also. Perhaps someday I'll be a better person for all the lessons many of you have taught me, yes?

With love,
~Cat

I've become a much better cook since I joined here. I'm so very grateful!

I think I've learned about life very much here also. Perhaps someday I'll be a better person for all the lessons many of you have taught me, yes?

With love,
~Cat

Of course! Although you are doing quite well already, sweetie :)

Back
Top Bottom