Is this true???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

philso

Senior Cook
Hi folks,

After many years, I'm about to come back to the States for about a month. I'm going to need a cell phone, so I've been investigating renting one. Renting one from here in Japan will set me back about $100 per month, plus the call rates are from $2.50 to $3.50 per minute. Wow!

I can find more reasonable US cell phone rental services online, but someone just told me that they think they even sell cheap cell phones at places like supermarkets and you can just get a prepaid card.

Can anyone verify if this is true and if so, do you know about how much they cost and what they cost to use per minute?

bye the way, big thanks to those of you who responded to my "where to eat in NC?" post ;)

Yes, My husband is a 7-11 manager and you can purchase a cheap phone and pay as you go or get a pre-paid phone card. Those are some good options since your only needing it for your one month visit.

Might be worth looking into an international sim card. there are plenty of them available online, as well as your aforementioned prepaid cell services.

Back
Top Bottom