ISO advice for get-well-soon greeting card

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

urmaniac13

Executive Chef
Our gym instructor Francesco had an accident with his motorcycle the other day, broke his wrist and won't be giving us lessons for a good while.:(
I am making him a get well card, so tomorrow I will have everyone sign on it at the gym and send it to him.

As for the theme/design, I immediately thought of an image of his favourite motoGP racer (we are both motoGP fans, for those who are unfamiliar, it is sort of Formula One on two wheels.) and have it say "We wish you a SPEEDY recovery!!"

But then I had a second thought, considering the circumstance of his injury, could it be a little insensitive?? Okay, Francesco himself is a big enthusiast of motorcycling and it is unlikely that he will be detered by this accident and I am sure he will get a kick out of my idea. On the other hand he has a wife with whom he had their first son last year. Riding around in motorcycle here in Rome is, while convenient, definitely not the safest thing to do, with heavy and crazy traffic all the way around. It is possible that his wife is getting very nervous about any notion of motorcycle especially at this moment.

What do you guys think, should I go with my initial idea? (For creative projects for me, usually the initial idea turns out the best) or should I go with more conservative theme?

Thanks in advance for your opinions!

I say go for it. It's what he likes, and I don't think it is insensitive at all (if he had broken his neck or something, I would definitely rethink it! lol). If he has a good sense of humor you could even say something (when he sees the card) like, "We thought this one might be a little safer!"

:) Barbara

Thanks Barb and Stargazer!! Indeed, Cris, who has known Francesco longer than I do, just told me he actually participates in some races in the circuits, kind of a semi-pro. Thus probably his wife understands the potential risk France is taking pretty well and should be able to handle the situation more calmly than I initially suspected.

I will go for the idea, I will print it out now!! Thanks again:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom