ISO help/advice selling art

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JustJoel

Executive Chef
Mark has a couple of art pieces that we’d like to sell. A litho and a serigraph by Leroy Neiman. They’re both in excellent condition, unframed, and hand signed by the artist. The litho is Lion’s Pride, and the serigraph is America’s Cup.

We’re having a hard time finding a place to sell them, or even get a reasonable value. We’ve seen similar pieces online that are priced at $1,500 ~ $2,500. We’d like a quick sale (before the rent is due!).

If any of you have any experience buying and selling fine art, I’d be much obliged if you could give me a few tips on how best to sell these! I’m afraid of Craig’s List, and I’m not eBay saavy.

Thanks guys!

Yup, I sold it right after college for a few weeks, and then my conscience wouldn't let me keep doing it, since I was an art major and knew I was ripping people off. The company I worked for ended up on 60 Minutes (I didn't put them on my resume).

Lithographs and serigraphs are prints. Two different ways of making prints, but still prints. They are a great way to get beautiful works of art to decorate a home or office. They are not collectible art, even if signed and numbered with certificates of authenticity. Sorry.

I have a closet full of nice looking prints that my parents bought on cruise ships and thought I would like them, and someday sell for a profit. I used to hang them up when my parents came to visit.

You will see pieces just like yours online for asking prices of "$1,500-$2,500, like you said. The chances they will sell for anywhere close to that is very slim.

Again, sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Hey, I wish I could sell mine for enough to make a few house payments. Good luck.

CD

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom